How good were the 82-83 Bruins?

BamBamCam*

The Bruins in the mid 80's to early 90's preformed well, but they were not good teams. They got by on 2-3 good players and most of the rest were AHL level talent.

I don't agree with this at all. They alot of quality players surrounding Cam and Ray Ray.

They were a force in the 70s and that carried into the 80s (albeit not as dominant) and very early 90s. You don't get to the Cup and conference finals time after time on the strength of two players for 10 years. And you are completely blowing off Nifty's contributions in the 80s, he was a almost point per game player straight to his last year in 1988. Peterson and McNabb both had great careers and it is much underrated and appreciated by Boston fans to this day. And I don't know how you brush off Craig Janney so easily, yes, he was soft but another point per game guy.

Throw in some solid to above average guys throughout the 80's and early 90's like Galley, Sweeney (Bob and Don), Burridge, Kluzak, Poulin, Linesmen, Wesley, Brickley, Cashman (early 80s), Kasper, Crowder, Geoff Courtenall had a few great years and I am sure if I looked it up I could find more, this is off the top of my head.

BamBamCam*

and look at the goalies during that time frame, Moog, Peeters Lemelin all were superb during this stretch you claim was mediocre except for Cam and Ray Ray....

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I don't agree with this at all. They alot of quality players surrounding Cam and Ray Ray.

They were a force in the 70s and that carried into the 80s (albeit not as dominant) and very early 90s. You don't get to the Cup and conference finals time after time on the strength of two players for 10 years. And you are completely blowing off Nifty's contributions in the 80s, he was a almost point per game player straight to his last year in 1988. Peterson and McNabb both had great careers and it is much underrated and appreciated by Boston fans to this day. And I don't know how you brush off Craig Janney so easily, yes, he was soft but another point per game guy.

Throw in some solid to above average guys throughout the 80's and early 90's like Galley, Sweeney (Bob and Don), Burridge, Kluzak, Poulin, Linesmen, Wesley, Brickley, Cashman (early 80s), Kasper, Crowder, Geoff Courtenall had a few great years and I am sure if I looked it up I could find more, this is off the top of my head.

When they were out together (or with Tim Sweeney) I'd always call for too many Sweeney's on the ice.

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
imagine how much better the 82-83 bruins would have been if normand leveillle not suffered his career ending injury

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston

I still wonder what might've been if they had O'Reilly and Leveille, not to mention Milbury. Last season in Boston for Park and Cashman, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad