How far does this fantasy team go?

How far does this team go?

• Total voters

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I want to say they could surprise, grinding out a lot of 1-goal games, loser points, etc. to sneak into the playoffs. But i really just don't think there's enough high-end offensive creativity and dynamic play to even get that done. There's building a team with depth and defensive focus playing as a unit and all that...but you do still at least need a couple of guys who can provide a real offensive spark. That roster doesn't really have a guy among them who can carry water offensively on their own for a line. Just a deluge of "complementary" spadework players.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Let’s be real here- that team is devoid of offensive talent.

A lot of fans love to romanticize the strong 2-way players that play a gritty game but this team likely wouldn’t even make the playoffs, and if they did they’d get knocked in the 1st round.

Cup caliber teams are built from a combination of speed, talent, grit, offensive stars, defensively strong players, veteran experience and luck. Having just 1 or 2 of those categories isn’t nearly enough to go far.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
1st round exit for me. They have a team good enough to be a WC team, but they’d get knocked out of the first round because of inferior talent.

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Are we talking in a fantasy hockey league team? Or a made up team?

in a fantasy league finishing bottom 5 but if we’re inserting this team into the actual NHL then they’d still miss the playoffs imo, really depends on systems and coaching tbh

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Their top 6 is pretty bad but their bottom 6 is really good. Probably miss the playoffs, but if that team got into the playoffs they maybe could do some damage since muggins are allowed. If you could sub that bottom 6 and goalie it would basically fix the Oilers.

Reactions: LokiDog

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
This team lacks any kind of high end talent. I'd say they would finish bottom 5, but the Habs made the finals with a similar forward group and a much worse defensive group so who knows

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Let’s be real here- that team is devoid of offensive talent.

A lot of fans love to romanticize the strong 2-way players that play a gritty game but this team likely wouldn’t even make the playoffs, and if they did they’d get knocked in the 1st round.

Cup caliber teams are built from a combination of speed, talent, grit, offensive stars, defensively strong players, veteran experience and luck. Having just 1 or 2 of those categories isn’t nearly enough to go far.
Actually I think they would struggle to make the playoffs but once they got there could make a run to the conference finals no problem

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
This team has 1 or maybe 2 forwards that could play top 6 on a contender. No true #1 D, and very little puck moving ability.

I'd say this team finishes around 4-7th last in the NHL next year.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
If they meshed well with a good coach and Gibson played like he's capable I think they could make the playoffs and maybe squeak out a round. I could just as easily see them miss the playoff as well though. I think those saying they'd be terrible are underrating them though. That top 4 defense is in the top half of the league and maybe top 10, and would keep them in it.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Bottom five. No offensive power and a goalie with a .909 and a negative GSAA over the last three seasons.

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
I didn't vote because I'm absolutely certain it would finish last in the league. They wouldn't have a player score over 50pts I don't think. It would be historically bad.

OilersGo

Jul 15, 2021
hard to say they make the playoffs but if they make it Gibby could steal a gamer two

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
A team that COULD surprise with depth, but I suspect they miss the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad