How far does Matvei Michkov fall?

Cooper09

May 10, 2023
Arguably one of the most controversial players in the 2023 NHL Draft. With his KHL contract, along with playing in a country that is currently fighting a war. How far does he fall?

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
I did a poll on that pre lottery:

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
To talented to not be picked. Other players that they have to wait for has been picked before in top5. Depends on center need. Great top6 centers, you often does not trade for. You draft'em. And there are a very few FA signings of centers.

Chicago Bedard
Anaheim Fantelli - to talented to not draft, and center.
Cbj - major top6 center need
Sj - a bit of everything need
Montreal - drafted a winger, now a center is what they should go for.
Arizona - Everything.

You build trough centers and defense, not wings.

So my guess is San Jose or Arizona takes Michkov. Arizona has a player philosophy now, and it depends on Michkov fits that philosophy, well see. Grier, I could guess he wants north americans, but could also go Michkov.
If Michkov is there after Arizonas pick, I think he gets picked next. (Flyers right??)

Mohar Ikram

Dec 27, 2021
Muadzam Shah, Pahang, Malaysia
To talented to not be picked. Other players that they have to wait for has been picked before in top5. Depends on center need. Great top6 centers, you often does not trade for. You draft'em. And there are a very few FA signings of centers.

Chicago Bedard
Anaheim Fantelli - to talented to not draft, and center.
Cbj - major top6 center need
Sj - a bit of everything need
Montreal - drafted a winger, now a center is what they should go for.
Arizona - Everything.

You build trough centers and defense, not wings.

So my guess is San Jose or Arizona takes Michkov. Arizona has a player philosophy now, and it depends on Michkov fits that philosophy, well see. Grier, I could guess he wants north americans, but could also go Michkov.
If Michkov is there after Arizonas pick, I think he gets picked next. (Flyers right??)
There are possibilities with Canadiens picking him because they got nice core of Suzuki-Dach and up coming Beck at the C. They just need one more top wing and Michkov is a good pick for them.

Reactions: Andrewcoursol

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Quite far. Teams won't be happy about not being able to control his development for several years, some of which will be years during which other top prospects will be difference makers in NHL. Few GMs can afford to waste so many years with no return on a top pick.

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Quite far. Teams won't be happy about not being able to control his development for several years, some of which will be years during which other top prospects will be difference makers in NHL. Few GMs can afford to waste so many years with no return on a top pick.

Sharks can be patient with him. They are in line to suck the next couple of years so don't need an immediate ROI.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
To the Hawks somehow. Hawks will get both Bedard and Michkov. The two best players in the draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad