How exactly does the Spangler Cup work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimrock Alberta

Nov 12, 2003
Grimshaw
I watched the Canada/ H C Davos(switzlerland) game today and i'd have to say i enjoyed it. The thing that really really made me angry :madfire: was that St. Louis, Thornton and Rick Nash were all playing for Switzerland. Was this something they signed in their contracts for the European league they played in that stated they had to play for that country? If not those guys are goofs and should never wear the maple leaf and represent Canada again if they willingly play against them. Man was it frustrating to watch no name guys like Roest and Auld play for Canada and have Thornton, and St. Louis trying their best to make Canada not win. Can anyone evaluate this situation for me please?

Pangolin

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Take off Hose Head said:
I watched the Canada/ H C Davos(switzlerland) game today and i'd have to say i enjoyed it. The thing that really really made me angry :madfire: was that St. Louis, Thornton and Rick Nash were all playing for Switzerland. Was this something they signed in their contracts for the European league they played in that stated they had to play for that country? If not those guys are goofs and should never wear the maple leaf and represent Canada again if they willingly play against them. Man was it frustrating to watch no name guys like Roest and Auld play for Canada and have Thornton, and St. Louis trying their best to make Canada not win. Can anyone evaluate this situation for me please?

Canada decided to go with non-NHLers because they want to prepare for the 2006 Olympics. It's likely the NHL won't be involved so they want to ice a team for that purpose.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
tylerr said:
It's good hockey. :handclap:
it's a mockery of hockey. It isn't good hockey, it is an ahl also-rans game, and the uniforms are littered with advertising. Supporting that joke of a tournament is spitting in the face of respectable hockey.

tylerr

Oct 5, 2003
Alberta
Visit site
Fish on The Sand said:
it's a mockery of hockey. It isn't good hockey, it is an ahl also-rans game, and the uniforms are littered with advertising. Supporting that joke of a tournament is spitting in the face of respectable hockey.

oh, sorry, i forgot your opinion is the only right one, and the only one that matters, my apologys. :banghead:

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Fish on The Sand said:
So the AHL isn't respectable hockey, because it is not the NHL, and well European leagues that have advertising on the jerseys are well a mockery of the game also? Pull your head out of the sand, hockey is a game, and even if it doesn't feature the best players, it can still be entertaining.

LannysStach

Thou shall
Dec 13, 2004
NYC & Toronto
i think it's "spEngler cup", if anyone cares.

i saw that Can-Swiss game today and thought it was fabulous! international rules, bigger ice surface, fast skating, total end-to-end rushes and going for it, world-class superstars in bizarro-world uniforms -- great 2-nothing come-from-behind victory for the Nucks. in fact, between that game and the Juniors, i'm like, who cares if the NHL ever comes back? makes no diff to me if the games are played in europe or down the street, i can't afford to go to them and will just be watching them on TV anyway.

hockey is king.
the NHL is just bad government.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
LannysStach said:

i saw that Can-Swiss game today and thought it was fabulous! international rules, bigger ice surface, fast skating, total end-to-end rushes and going for it, world-class superstars in bizarro-world uniforms -- great 2-nothing come-from-behind victory for the Nucks. in fact, between that game and the Juniors, i'm like, who cares if the NHL ever comes back? makes no diff to me if the games are played in europe or down the street, i can't afford to go to them and will just be watching them on TV anyway.

hockey is king.
the NHL is just bad government

:handclap:

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
LannysStach said:

hockey is king.
the NHL is just bad government.

Perfectly said :handclap: :bow:

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Fish on The Sand said:
plus the more important quaetion. who the **** cares about the Spangler cup?

i've seen both Canada games and it was some damn good hockey.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
Fish on The Sand said:
I'm sorry you feel that way
I care because there is no NHL on to watch. The Can-Swiss game was awesome! The Canadian team had great effort in scoring 3 goals to win the game.
Great entertainment for the fans of Davos..
I also care because Auld was excellent in net!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad