How does the Jackets D Corps compare in Metro

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
LIke Xoggz, I think the goalie impact (and forwards back check) really makes this hard. I especially think the NYR guys get a bump from King Henrik. There's no doubt McD is really really good, but Girardi and Staal have really fallen off.

Ill try and make it easy- assume Lundqvist is the goalie-what top 6 from the Metro would you want/prefer in front of him.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Ill try and make it easy- assume Lundqvist is the goalie-what top 6 from the Metro would you want/prefer in front of him.

Honestly, I think any of the Metro Top 6 would look good with him behind them. Though Philly and Carolina would be less than great still.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
LIke Xoggz, I think the goalie impact (and forwards back check) really makes this hard. I especially think the NYR guys get a bump from King Henrik. There's no doubt McD is really really good, but Girardi and Staal have really fallen off.

Noooo, the REAL royalty in the Metro is....

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
The difficulty of landing a top dman was my concern on trading Wiz. While he wasnt what he use to be, he was still depth. And when you look at our blueline as it is, its not overly pretty, now take away 1 or 2 for injuries, and it gets even more bleak. Hopefully Paliotta is able to come in and bring some depth

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Outside of Philly I'm not sure if our d-men stack up well against any other team in Metro.
Even when we were playing good it had more to do with us scoring a lot of goals and Bob stopping a lot of pucks - was not good defense.

Now again (as others mentioned) sometimes it's tough to separate defensive responsibility of the forwards and how that effects our blue line...

So we're shaping up as a team that will hopefully score a lot and will need a hot goaltender. I wouldn't count on our blue line winning many games for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad