How does the Blues 2023-2024 end?

How does the 2023-2024 Blues season end?

• Loss in Cup Final (Win 3 playoff rounds)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loss in Conference Final (Win 2 playoff rounds)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I'm between barely and significantly miss playoffs. I think we pick 11-13ish but we miss playoffs by more than you'd describe as barely. I did pick barely missed in the poll due to draft position.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Lose in the first round, that will even us up at 23 losses in the first round and 23 times we have won at least one round
seems like the Blues thing to do

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I went with "barely miss the playoffs"

I don't think we'll be bad enough for a top ten pick, but I could definitely see us hanging around in the playoff picture but not being in firm position until around the deadline, and some moves at the deadline could leave us outside looking in.

But I could also see us slipping into the playoffs if some other teams around the Central fall flat and us lose in the first round.

Reactions: stl76

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
i expect we will be around 8-12th worst team. what i really want to see is us start playing blues hockey again. that is more important to how quickly we can be contenders again (i think) than whether we pick 6th or 16th in this coming draft.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Bottom team of NHL and central 5th or 6th spot.

To me team is such a mess. Needs clean up. Re-tool heavily, almost like re-build.

Even If we won games, i dont excited anymore knowing this team isnt going nowhere.

Champ -> real contender -> contender -> pretender

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Pick somewhere between 7th—10th.
Trade Buch,Vrana and Kap for as much as we can.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Bottom of the league. Not enough fire power to outscore opponents. The weight of having too much offensive pressure from the other teams will eventually wear the team down. The first losing streak erases any confidence and it’s sell sell sell at the TDL

Reactions: Ranksu

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
So far, I like what's being iced, the effort and the result. Granted, it's two games but if it rolls along like this, I'm happy.

We're not making the playoffs with this roster whether Binny stands on his head or not. I'm figuring either bottom ten or we barely miss it.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I think we're in the playoff hunt but Armstrong sells at the deadline which eventually leads to a late season slide down the standings and we end up picking somewhere between 11th-16th. Army's a realist and knows we're not looking at a true contender. Stay the course with the re-tool and add some more valuable assets.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
I think we're in the playoff hunt but Armstrong sells at the deadline which eventually leads to a late season slide down the standings and we end up picking somewhere between 11th-16th. Army's a realist and knows we're not looking at a true contender. Stay the course with the re-tool and add some more valuable assets.
Great assessment, i think we could surprise and be a fringe playoff team as well. But selling once more, and adding another top 12 pick next season is almost a necessity for any sort of structured rebuild. Really need to start adding some elite D prospects.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I think this is the most likely outcome for the season.

That said, I still voted for the Cup because that's always the end goal.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Right now Id say first round exit.. But we really have no idea what this team is going to look like in 10 or 20 or 50 games. Not one player has amassed more than 50 minutes of total ice time.

This season actually hinges on one guy -- Marco Scandella -- and we all know it. Its true and no one would disagree with such obvious common sense analysis.

Armstrong made comments about the Blues having a "Kings-like" turnaround in his post-season statements, IIRC.

Makes sense because the Kings havent gotten out of the first round since 2014. Interesting team to choose because they lack elite talent and have to grind their way to wins. Might of went with TB myself.

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Okey, I will say it. We will be dead last in central.

You guys can bookmark this.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Bottom of the league. Not enough fire power to outscore opponents. The weight of having too much offensive pressure from the other teams will eventually wear the team down. The first losing streak erases any confidence and it’s sell sell sell at the TDL
We are too thin at forward group. D-core is mess.

I wonder If Krug joke trade no trade didn't happend doesnt have affect on team.

What comes to captain. Pietro, ROR were captains of team. Schenn isnt. I wouldnt believe that he has same voice at lockerroom like Pietro or ROR.

This team is Thomas, Kyrou, Buch and (Binny). Other than that IS garbage.

5-years and we could potentially turn around this team If our draft choices are corrent and we are lucky.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
We are too thin at forward group. D-core is mess.

I wonder If Krug joke trade no trade didn't happend doesnt have affect on team.

What comes to captain. Pietro, ROR were captains of team. Schenn isnt. I wouldnt believe that he has same voice at lockerroom like Pietro or ROR.

This team is Thomas, Kyrou, Buch and (Binny). Other than that IS garbage.

5-years and we could potentially turn around this team If our draft choices are corrent and we are lucky.

I think Schenn is fine to have the C but he is a shell of his former self already. He has 4 additional years on his contract. It's going to get ugly.

Reactions: Ranksu

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.

I agree with this happening. If we still make the playoffs at that point, it’ll be because of guys like Neighbours, Bolduc, Dean, etc. being contributors.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I went with making the playoffs and losing in round 1. I went back and forth between that and picking 11th-16th, but ultimately my complete and total lack of faith in the Central Division won out about my mostly lack of faith in this Blues roster. I will not be at all surprised if the 3rd place team in the Central is the consensus worst playoff team this year while the Pacific fills both Wild Card spots. If a Central team sneaks into a Wild Card spot, I won't be surprised if the Central sends the consensus worst two playoff teams this year (C3 and WC2).

I like what I've seen from the improved defensive structure. It isn't "only allow 1 goal a game" good and Binner has been great. But the net front and backdoor coverage is dramatically improved and it looks like an NHL-caliber defense out there so far. The PK doesn't look comically bad like it did for most of the season last year. I've seen enough out of most our forwards long term to feel comfortable that goals will come. And as everyone knows, I'm high on Hofer to be better than what Greiss was last season. I really think that he can be good enough to allow the staff to keep Binner in the 50-55 start range and play a greater percentage of those games on adequate rest.

I won't be surprised if this team misses the playoffs and that is probably the outcome I'd put my money on if I had to bet my savings. But I'm feeling a touch more optimism after seeing noticeable improvement from the defensive structure.

Reactions: mk80 and Blueston

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Interesting how well ppl voted.

To me team over performed what we have in paper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad