How does that Laine goal compare to some other amazing CBJ goals?

Most incredible CBJ goal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Nash for sure.

As said, that was not even the best Laine goal as a Blue Jacket, though that move was also ridiculous. He did beat 3 guys, but against Chigago(?) he sneaked through 4-5 guys if I am not mistaken. Also there was one sick pre-season goal if I am not hallucinating.

A lot of beautiful goals on this thread, keep them coming!

EDIT: solo end-to-end goal to tie the game about 8 minutes left was pretty important, but maybe less beautiful when I look it now:

EDIT2: that's the absolute beauty from pre-season. The finesse on this goal and his most recent one is unmatched and with slow motion it's easier to appreciate. Magical.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
HM: Corey Tropp

I had forgotten about this one even though I was at this game. Thanks for this. Good call.

And I think I personally have underrated Duclair’s goal because of the partial fan of the shot that I believe is what gets it past the goalie. But that overlooks the incredible skill to maintain the puck through the course of that play.

It’s probably Celia to the Sonny between the legs, which is just fantastic because it all happens at full speed.

SnygGo

Jul 6, 2006
Sundsvall, Sweden
The Zherdev game tying goal against the Blackhawks is for sure my favorite, it kick started my interest in the Blue Jackets. I'm forever grateful Z.

I've always felt that Nash's goal vs the Blackhawks during the same 05-06 season was underrated.
Maybe it shouldn't be on a top 10 list, but Vybornys pass sure is a thing of beauty.
I could not find a highlight of just the goal, but it's shown briefly at the 0:52 mark in this Skraut-video.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
The Zherdev game tying goal against the Blackhawks is for sure my favorite, it kick started my interest in the Blue Jackets. I'm forever grateful Z.

I've always felt that Nash's goal vs the Blackhawks during the same 05-06 season was underrated.
Maybe it shouldn't be on a top 10 list, but Vybornys pass sure is a thing of beauty.
I could not find a highlight of just the goal, but it's shown briefly at the 0:52 mark in this Skraut-video.

Hot damn, Machinehead still gets me so pumped!

Reactions: SnygGo and cslebn

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Since the Nash goal video hadn’t yet been posted, I thought I’d add it here.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
My top picks are:
1. Zherdev goal
2. Nash goal
3. Milano goal
4. Laine goal
5. Duclair goal

….and surely I’m shortchanging some guys here.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Torts reactions to Sonny-goals always looked like what I’d expect from the opposing coach. :sarcasm:

My memory of one of Milano's highlight goals (I think from a beyond the battle segment) is Torts with a smirk on his face and Lars leaning over, as if to say I told you so, and yelling "this kid is going to get us into the playoffs!".

Reactions: MoeBartoli

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's up there in skill but it was at such an unimportant moment for the team that I don't think it compares.

My pick, FWIW, would be Panarin's playoff OT winner vs the Capitals. You have to go super slo-mo to even see how he did it.

KJ will someday pull off an even better goal at a pivotal moment, hopefully in the playoffs.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
My two most memorable goals are by Milano and Zherdev, but Kent’s will be etched in my mind as well

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
It's up there in skill but it was at such an unimportant moment for the team that I don't think it compares.

My pick, FWIW, would be Panarin's playoff OT winner vs the Capitals. You have to go super slo-mo to even see how he did it.

KJ will someday pull off an even better goal at a pivotal moment, hopefully in the playoffs.
You think he'll be traded? :sarcasm:

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Nice to see KJ flash some confident skill. As a Finn I can't help myself though, Michigans have been completely spoiled for me by Granlund pulling one off in the WHC semi-finals against Russia back in 2011. It was so rare to see back then and it was also a pivotal goal in a tight 0-0 elimination game that completely changed the momentum. So anytime I see a Michigan that goal comes to mind and I'm like meh, NOW Granny back in 2011, THAT was something :D

Damn now the lack of playoff hockey depresses me, sorry don't mean to be a downer, but it's been a long season and just as I got some excitement back with the Laine experiment which was just all around fun to follow, it was robbed away by another injury. Can't wait to see this team make it to the playoffs, preferably next season already. Maybe that's pushing it, but if they can stay healthy and get some help from Jiricek, a good move or two and who knows...

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
^^ That Granny goal was a perfect moment in time, captured on film forever (here in English, including the beginning of the faceoff which is often cut for no reason at all, it's an important part). Afaik it's the first such goal in WC history/major international games and was done before it was done in the NHL by Svechnikov some years later.

Anyhow I do like Kent's goal a lot. I love it how he's not just waiting behind the net or having the play come to him there; he's active in the offensive zone, dekes a few players, gains speed, and does it beautifully. A very nice Michigan altogether.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad