How does that Laine goal compare to some other amazing CBJ goals?

Most incredible CBJ goal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Reactions: Halberdier

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Nash goal, then Zherdev are the top two in a class of their own. Both goals were hero-ball end to end goals with the game on the line.
I even think the Nash between the legs goal is better than some of these in the poll.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Really was an incredible toe-drag. Even more impressive considering he's 6'5" iirc and somehow slipped between the two defenders. But IMO Nash's goal had everything. luck, skill, creativity, athleticism, overcoming odds. just timeless; going to be hard to beat that one.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I kinda was expecting to be disappointed.
Yall actually like Nash goal too, that's great.

Laine goal was great but not that great.

Duclair would be my 2nd

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
The Nash goal is my favorite hockey goal of all time. The Zherdev goal is my favorite goal that I've seen live. I was sitting in that corner that night and I'll never forget seeing him coming right at me at full speed before making that move. I still get excited just thinking about it.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Nash for me.

Panarin's OT goal vs Washington is up there too. The way he kept the puck from the D until the last possible second and picking his spot with that kind of power off of a slight flick of the wrist was unreal

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
The Laine goal was made particularly nice by deceptively liquid move to avoid the (overcommitting) D-man trying to hit him, that made me go wow and chuckle a bit, it seemed a pretty nice move for a guy his size, but in the end it was just a nice goal, gamewinner as it might have been. That Nash goal is just ridiculous, it's one of those goals where time seems to slow down as he somehow threads through the d-men, dekes the goalie and then finally scores the goal. Even at that point he takes the time to turn and shoot it, clearly in a different tier to any of the others.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Nash for sure but Sonny’s is real good. He had two in like a 3-game stretch…

This one needs to be in here just because…

I was really really hoping you'd found decent footage of his "tennis backhand", but that one's good, too, I guess...

EDIT: This is the best (read: only) video I can find of that one:

Always had a place in my heart because that's NICKLAS LIDSTROM defending him and DOMINIK HASEK in net. :D

Last edited:

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
I was a casual fan until I saw the Nash goal leading sportscenter.

I got hooked after it. Goal literally has it all, two amazing deeks, amazing puck control and a beautiful finish.

Reactions: LJ7

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Nash’s is the undisputed #1. The rest can be debated but Laine’s is pretty low on the list of goals we’ve seen in this thread. Although that doesn’t mean it wasn’t sick

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
yGKHlUQ0fYE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad