How does Semin look?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
He's been solid so far. It's pretty obvious that he and Eric are starting to click and once that PP unit gets going it's going to be absolutely deadly.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
He's been having trouble getting his shot on the target but when he does he's going to be scoring a lot. And he's a better passer than I remembered him being.

ilikeblocks

Still a registered user
Feb 16, 2008
This all sounds really good. He's extremely talented - sounds like he's finally mixing that talent with hard work.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
#sashacares

I can see why he bugs people, but his talent is undeniable. This whole team can seriously look like it doesn't give a damn when they're playing poorly. Guys like E. Staal, Pitkanen, Semin, Corvo, Tlusty, Jokinen can seriously look like they're not even trying when they're not playing well. So in that respect, he fits right in.

On a more serious note, we added an elite player to each of our top two lines. It makes sense that it will take some time to develop some chemistry there and the non-existent pre-season didn't help us any. E. Staal and Semin look like they'll be OK once they stop trying to set each other up constantly (E. Staal seems to have gotten over that last night), and J. Staal/Skinner look better every day. The third wheels (Tlusty with E.Staal/Semin) and Dalpe (with J.Staal/Skinner) seem to be good fits, too.

Offensively, the Canes are looking good. Which is good, because they're going to give up around four a night.

Last edited:

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
Anyone that has a complaint is being dumb at this point. He's been a team player. If anything he needs a little selfishness in his game. He's a couple posts and one whiff. I'm excited strictly about the obvious increase in skill our team shows when he's on the ice.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
He hasn't been bad by any means but still a lots of room to improve... Gives a soft pass too often and they're almost always a giveaway. Too many times a play has broken because of his poor decision. But he'll do just fine if he realizes that himself.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I love him on this team. The unfortunate thing right now is that he cant buy a goal and I think that is making him pass the puck off a little more than I thought he did in the past. He'll come around though, and then I think he will start becoming the sniper he has been in the past (No, I'm not criticizing his play this year).

Zombie Mike Murphy

Mar 18, 2011
I think he'll get there. He's winger Staal has wanted/deserved for years. Not only can he snipe, but he's a good setup man also.

While he's not a 2-way/200ft player, he's not a liability either, the way some would try to paint him.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
So far his greatest work is his ability to carry the puck into the offensive zone and not immediately turn it over or shoot it into the goalie's chest. The goals will come, once he and EStaal start feeding off each other more it's gonna be a treat to watch.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
He looks excited to be out there playing! He's playing a solid two way game so far. His covering of the point when Joni wanders is excellent. His wrister is DANGEROUS, and will find it's target soon enough. Hes trying too hard to set up his linemates right now.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
He looks excited to be out there playing! He's playing a solid two way game so far. His covering of the point when Joni wanders is excellent. His wrister is DANGEROUS, and will find it's target soon enough. Hes trying too hard to set up his linemates right now.

I give the excitement he's shown two thumbs up. It was not what I was expecting at all, especially with a poor start.

Semin's all over the place. Kind of messy.

Aside from the above observation, I can't see how he's doing through my burning, stinging eyes.

Zombie Mike Murphy

Mar 18, 2011
The thing is, we actually have 4 legit scoring threats this year - unlike in years past where if you could shut down Staal and Skinner you'd win.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
Dangerous every time he's on the ice.

I've always said he was the best play maker behind Backstrom on the capitals, and people are finally seeing that.

He'll be a ppg by the end of the season, at least

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad