How do you think, Kuznetsov can be benched in post season games like Kessel in Vegas las year?

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
He looks horrible in "canes" and in 2023/24 season in general
No he hasn't looked horrible at all as a Canes. He has looked pretty good actually. Creates a lot of plays and causes a lot of energy for the other team to be used. His line has cooled off as far as goals scored but are pretty much controlling the puck when they are on the ice.

Maybe you should watch a Canes game or 2 before making a completely opinion based false assumption.

DRW895

Dec 29, 2021
I’m assuming you define horrible by strictly looking at his point total ?
He isn`t Guy Carbonneau. He is inconsistent lazy guy - no points no Kuznetsov in game,
Washington was very loyal to this person. They can easily burry him in AHL, but they let him go and this is ridiculous how some are still in his side. He doesnt deserve anything positive words.
Without loyality and kindness of Capitals/Hurricanes he gonna fade like Nikita Filatov

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
He isn`t Guy Carbonneau. He is inconsistent lazy guy - no points no Kuznetsov in game,
Washington was very loyal to this person. They can easily burry him in AHL, but they let him go and this is ridiculous how some are still in his side. He doesnt deserve anything positive words.
Without loyality and kindness of Capitals/Hurricanes he gonna fade like Nikita Filatov
Please walk away from the keyboard and stop typing. Kuznetsov was not brought in to be a defensive or two-way center, Carolina knew what they were getting. Also, he is an upgrade at 2C offensively than any other center. There’s not a player to put in Carolina’s lineup right now that would have a better impact offensively.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
I can't believe a savvy, hard-working team like the Canes thought it was a good idea to risk 4M in cap space next year to take him. Maybe they have a handshake deal that he's going to go to Russia?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Tell us how ya really feel!
Kuznetsov a great acquisition for Canes.
They have been knocking at the door in play offs last several years. Depth, strength in the middle ......huge

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Odds are bad, but not zero.

Per NST, since Necas returned from injury on January 19th, Kuzentsov+Necas (w/o Drury) has been .66 GF/60 and .34 GA/60 worse than Drury+Necas (w/o Kuznetsov). Expected, it's .15 and 1.08 (!) worse respectively. How long of a leash do you give that?

If Rod opts to make the change on the 2nd line, Kotkaniemi is more a 4C than Kuznetsov.

I’m out of the honeymoon phase with him. He’s added nothing to the roster other than name value and some memorable quotes.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

Per NST, since Necas returned from injury on January 19th, Kuzentsov+Necas (w/o Drury) has been .66 GF/60 and .34 GA/60 worse than Drury+Necas (w/o Kuznetsov). Expected, it's .15 and 1.08 (!) worse respectively. How long of a leash do you give that?

If Rod opts to make the change on the 2nd line, Kotkaniemi is more a 4C than Kuznetsov.

I’m out of the honeymoon phase with him. He’s added nothing to the roster other than name value and some memorable quotes.
Just like #2 poster is saying, who could have seen it coming.

It's kinda hilarious how many Canes fans still refuse to acknowledge this throwing around empty statements like "creates a lot of plays and causes a lot of energy for the other team to be used". Reminds of Kotkaniemi's offer sheet defense.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
No he hasn't looked horrible at all as a Canes. He has looked pretty good actually. Creates a lot of plays and causes a lot of energy for the other team to be used. His line has cooled off as far as goals scored but are pretty much controlling the puck when they are on the ice.

Maybe you should watch a Canes game or 2 before making a completely opinion based false assumption.
With the regular season all but over the real test will come in the playoffs.

Unfortunately that is also when a guy like Kuzy can hurt his team the most, with one of his patented boneheaded passes that get intercepted or when he tries one deke too many and turns the puck over for an odd man rush.

Reactions: hn777

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
With the regular season all but over the real test will come in the playoffs.

Unfortunately that is also when a guy like Kuzy can hurt his team the most, with one of his patented boneheaded passes that get intercepted or when he tries one deke too many and turns the puck over for an odd man rush.

The Canes give up a fare bit of odd man rushed due to the nature of the pressure the apply in the Ozone. Their goalies and Defense has been one of the best in the league since the start of 24.

Him giving up an odd man rush will be nothing new. He's been good and his line is dangerous as hell.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Just like #2 poster is saying, who could have seen it coming.

It's kinda hilarious how many Canes fans still refuse to acknowledge this throwing around empty statements like "creates a lot of plays and causes a lot of energy for the other team to be used". Reminds of Kotkaniemi's offer sheet defense.
Have you watched a game or are you like the OP and mad because Kuzy snorted blow off your girls rear at some point?

If you have watched the Canes play you would be throwing around advanced stats to make a point hes been good. If he was lazy with Rod Brind'amour as coach he would be riding the bench not the 2c. I'll trust Rod over advanced stats or posters with agendas on HF.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
It’s sad how some people just want to hate on certain players. He’s a good addition, a worthwhile risk and he has more playoff success than most of the team….where we need it the most.

He’s out of shape and doesn’t play the teams style. These were known things going in. No one seems to find consistent chemistry with Necas, and that’s the core issue with the second line.

I’m way more curious about Svech than Kuzy, though Canes fans appreciate all the concern.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
If he was lazy with Rod Brind'amour as coach he would be riding the bench not the 2c. I'll trust Rod over advanced stats or posters with agendas on HF.
As the Canes fan I quoted was saying this may be what's going to happen in the longer run.

Naturally, everyone in the organization is trying to get him to succeed over remaining largely meaningless regular season games. Rod, as a decision-maker, is irrelevant at the moment. Your point only applies if Kuznetsov will remain a 2C in the playoffs.

And it's funny you guys are talking about agendas and "hate" while willing to ignore every fact under the sun to explain how a very bad player, bad to the point of earning demotion to the AHL, is now actually good just because he moved couple of hundred miles south. Guys, you are the ones with an agenda. Case in point, maybe his commitment to impress at the new workplace hasn't run out yet but his point pace is now basically identical to the one in Washington. And the rest of his game will most likely follow when he is out of this positive support bubble and physical and mental fatigue sets in.

And I don't think most people hate Kuznetsov personally or Canes as a team, just like most didn't hate Kotkaniemi back in the day. But your brass made a clearly dubious decision and the longer you insist it was actually good the longer other people will come back with "I told you so". Everyone in Carolina has a dream job because whereas in other markets they would be criticized from day 1, you guys pretend every decision that's being made is golden.

Reactions: Laus723

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
As the Canes fan I quoted was saying this may be what's going to happen in the longer run.

Naturally, everyone in the organization is trying to get him to succeed over remaining largely meaningless regular season games. Rod, as a decision-maker, is irrelevant at the moment. Your point only applies if Kuznetsov will remain a 2C in the playoffs.

And it's funny you guys are talking about agendas and "hate" while willing to ignore every fact under the sun to explain how a very bad player, bad to the point of earning demotion to the AHL, is now actually good just because he moved couple of hundred miles south. Guys, you are the ones with an agenda. Case in point, maybe his commitment to impress at the new workplace hasn't run out yet but his point pace is now basically identical to the one in Washington. And the rest of his game will most likely follow when he is out of this positive support bubble and physical and mental fatigue sets in.

And I don't think most people hate Kuznetsov personally or Canes as a team, just like most didn't hate Kotkaniemi back in the day. But your brass made a clearly dubious decision and the longer you insist it was actually good the longer other people will come back with "I told you so". Everyone in Carolina has a dream job because whereas in other markets they would be criticized from day 1, you guys pretend every decision that's being made is golden.

As I mentioned about the others posts calling him lazy. You are obviously not watching the Canes play. Did he give up in Washington? Maybe it sure seemed like it, but I'm not a Caps fan and really don't care, he has been good so far in his stint in Raleigh, strange time to call him out when he's playing really well.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Who cares about the regular season?
In the playoffs where the top lines tend to neutralise each other you need depth scoring.
That‘s what you hope he‘ll deliver.
For now he needs to learn and adapt to the Canes system.

Reactions: DaveG

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

He seemingly quit trying in Washington. Be mad at him for that if you want, or be mad at management for not trading him 2 years ago when he asked, but you both obviously still hold a grudge. Everyone actually watching games says he’s fine, his well-respected coach says he’s fine, internet dude says no, numbers, lazy. Ya, I’ll trust Rod.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

See, this is a take I can respect because it comes from someone watching the games, backing it up with stats, and not showing bias against the guy right off the bat.

But if you start a thread with “what are the odds that lazy piece of shit gets benched again” it’s tough to take your stance as seriously.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
He looks horrible in "canes" and in 2023/24 season in general

As someone who has watched him play about eight games as a Hurricane, what you are describing does not reflect my experience at all.

Can someone who has watched more of him in Carolina weigh in? I'm kind of amazed to read this because he's looked pretty good in the games I've seen and has been very creative and created quite a few opportunities by making skilled moves and smart decisions.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad