Results are only viewable after voting.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
200w.gif

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
They made the team big, from goaltending, forwards, and especially on the defense. But aside from that, I think they'll have a team that'll battle for a playoff spot.

I think Geekie, Appleton, Lind will turn out to be very, very good players for them. In fact, I believe Appleton and Geekie will be their star forwards this upcoming season and take over the first-line as late as three quarters into the season.

Judging by the size of their first roster, I have a gut feeling they're gonna take Owen Power if they can.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think getting a guy like Tarasenko would be been good. Big name to market at the start and someone who could rebuild his value playing a lot of minutes for them. Best case you flip him after a resurgent season, worst case hes a free agent in 2 years.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I mean. There has to be side deals right? Like even of the teams
They went cheap. They didn’t pick the best players at all

Reactions: MartyMarts

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It's a team built to entertain with toughness and size rather than talent, no doubt about it. The plan must be to draft franchise talent in the next few drafts.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Anyone have the same thread back from Vegas' draft before I make a pick?

Lol was thinking the same thing.

Most thought Vegas would be trash as far as I can remember. They've made the PO each year.

But this team looks pretty bad imo.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Anyone have the same thread back from Vegas' draft before I make a pick?
The pick themselves aren't that far off, but most of the best players Vegas got weren't the picks, they were from the side deals.

Reactions: banks

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I would say "other" because they are seemingly trying to prepare for the future rather than win immediately, but I wouldn't really call it a "tank attempt" either. It's just being realistic and may work out better for them.

Reactions: The Grim Reaper

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I voted other. There is still like 3 months till the season starts, let's see what Francis does between now and then(ie trades, UFAs, etc). Looks like for the most part Frances went for capspace being his #1 priority

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I think they did pretty well for the most part, there was no #1 C available in the expansion draft so their center group was always going to be weaker, but many thought the same about VGK but then Karlsson broke out.

What I think they did well: their defense will be strong (likely at least 7 deep, Giordano/ Larsson/ Dunn/ Oleksiak/ Lauzon/ Soucy/ H. Fleury) and they have a lot of skilled guys up front (Eberle/ Gourde/ Donskoi/ McCann/ Tanev/ Jarnkrok/ Appleton/ Blackwell). Their goalie tandem looks solid too with Driedger and Vanecek.

What I think they could've done better: not sure what they were aiming for with certain picks (e.g. idk who's Bastian/ Twarynski/ Borgen/ True/ Geekie/ Quenneville/ Bayreuther/ Daccord, if any fans from their former teams have insights please educate this Canucks fan here about their upside). I personally would've taken Kahkonen as the 3rd goalie instead of Soucy, but that's just my pick. Lastly I wonder if there was a way for them to value from Tampa and keep them in cap hell instead of just taking Gourde.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Were any trades even made? Honest question, I didn't hear of a single trade where a team paid Francis not to take so and so player. With Vegas, they got a ton of value that way.

I thought the haul Vegas got at the time left a lot to be desired (they could have done better) - but this seems so much worst for Seattle.

Based on this roster - it seems like they want to tank. If that's the case, I get why they didn't want Price

Reactions: generalshepherd141

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Yeah, they definitely want to tank. There are 3 franchise altering players coming up in 2022/23 and they want one!

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
I think they did pretty well for the most part, there was no #1 C available in the expansion draft so their center group was always going to be weaker, but many thought the same about VGK but then Karlsson broke out.

What I think they did well: their defense will be strong (likely at least 7 deep, Giordano/ Larsson/ Dunn/ Oleksiak/ Lauzon/ Soucy/ H. Fleury) and they have a lot of skilled guys up front (Eberle/ Gourde/ Donskoi/ McCann/ Tanev/ Jarnkrok/ Appleton/ Blackwell). Their goalie tandem looks solid too with Driedger and Vanecek.

What I think they could've done better: not sure what they were aiming for with certain picks (e.g. idk who's Bastian/ Twarynski/ Borgen/ True/ Geekie/ Quenneville/ Bayreuther/ Daccord, if any fans from their former teams have insights please educate this Canucks fan here about their upside). I personally would've taken Kahkonen as the 3rd goalie instead of Soucy, but that's just my pick. Lastly I wonder if there was a way for them to value from Tampa and keep them in cap hell instead of just taking Gourde.
I think Geekie , Bastian and Daccord could surprise you out of the picks you’re unsure about provided that they’re not traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad