NHL 19 How do you get the AI to automatically shoot at rebounds

Leeboy

Dec 30, 2010
I played against a guy online and when he would shoot, and my goalie would kick out a rebound his AI players would try and one time the rebound, or bat it out of the air . Even if the puck sits around the net his guys automatically take swings at the puck . I looked back at some recorded footage , and I can see his player is highlighted ( which means he’s still controlling that player ) but his AI players still attack the puck with shots. I tried shooting , and on rebound my AIs skate to the puck but when they get to it , it highlights ( gives me control) the player and he does d do anything unless I manually shoot the puck once I get control . I’ll try and put up a video of a example unless someone knows this technique .

Leeboy

Dec 30, 2010
It’s weird , he will shoot and after a rebound or even if the puck is just lying there his AI guys will shoot or one time a rebound and all the time his cursor is lit up on the original guy that shot the puck. It’s online versus what I’m playing . .

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
It’s weird , he will shoot and after a rebound or even if the puck is just lying there his AI guys will shoot or one time a rebound and all the time his cursor is lit up on the original guy that shot the puck. It’s online versus what I’m playing . .
He was Probably playing position lock, you can call for pass and shot with R1 and R2 if you're locked

Leeboy

Dec 30, 2010
Been trying to get a video , I got this one the other day , not the best but hopefully give an example. So, you can see he is passing and taking control of diff players . When he comes down and takes his shot , the rebound he gets behind the net , then his AI player takes a swing in mid air ( that I’ve seen before ) but then the same AI takes a whiff and misses. . All this time he’s still selected on the player behind the net . I’ve practiced in practice mode and none of AI do any time of swings at rebounds . Sometimes even after a whistle he can get his guys to do a swing in mid air at absolute nothing . Here is the video . Wish it was clearer .

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
Wow, I have seen that mid air swing done by AI but that second rebound attempt is something I have never seen before. Maybe it is strategy related somehow? Would like to have answer for this aswell.

Reactions: Leeboy

ElectricDreamMachine

Nov 5, 2013
I think I have done that by not changing a player and just smashing the the shoot button. Usually the ai misses the puck tho.

Leeboy

Dec 30, 2010
I’d say of 20 times I see this guy do that , he misses 15 but steams me up he’s got something on me that I don’t know

Leeboy

Dec 30, 2010
Here is another example . The player he is selected on comes down the wing and shoots . The CPU player takes a swipe at the rebound , then takes another swipe at it all the time my opponent is still selected on the original shooter .

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I think I have done that by not changing a player and just smashing the the shoot button. Usually the ai misses the puck tho.

If you time it right as if you were the one shooting and assuming the pass is decent , you can get a good shot 80%+ of the time.
I do this all the time in CHEL 3v3 (when one of the players is an AI) , often prefer the AI to horrible D that play as a forward and don't pass the puck (yet NHL decided to give the D the puck everytime).

Reactions: Leeboy

Leeboy

Dec 30, 2010
If you time it right as if you were the one shooting and assuming the pass is decent , you can get a good shot 80%+ of the time.
I do this all the time in CHEL 3v3 (when one of the players is an AI) , often prefer the AI to horrible D that play as a forward and don't pass the puck (yet NHL decided to give the D the puck everytime).

Thanks for the reply , but what he does is a little different . There not passes, they can be a rebound , a loose puck for any reason , his AI swipe at it . Even if my goalie has the puck covered waiting on a whistle , once in a while his AI come charging in and take a slap shot attempt at my goalies glove covering the puck . I review it , and he never changes to the AI shooter . EA techs don’t have an explanation and i sent them video also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad