How do you feel about Thursday Night Football?

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Hate it. I haven't watched a TNF game that doesn't involve the Pats in a few years at this point; I just pretend it doesn't exist and try to remember if I have anyone impacted in Fantasy on Wednesday.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
The football is bad enough usually, then add in those frugly color rush unis. The former is a figurative pain to watch, the latter, literally!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The football is bad enough usually, then add in those frugly color rush unis. The former is a figurative pain to watch, the latter, literally!

Some of those color rush uniforms are fire, though.

The Broncos, Rams, Chiefs, Eagles, Chargers, Panthers, Patriots, Giants, Vikings and Steelers all look great

The Browns color rush were so well received it's now their primary jersey. The Seahawks while bright as hell, i liked just for the sheer lack of green uniforms. Really vibes with the whole "Emerald City" thing too.

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm guilty of watching, but yeah... actively dislike it. Product is almost always worse and I hate it when the Bears are stuck playing on a Thursday.

Just kill Thursday and have two MNF games every week.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I feel like the solution is simple for Thursday games to be better. Expand to two bye weeks, and have the Thursday teams have a bye the week before their game. Push the season back a week, and have the big game the day before President's Day.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I feel like the solution is simple for Thursday games to be better. Expand to two bye weeks, and have the Thursday teams have a bye the week before their game. Push the season back a week, and have the big game the day before President's Day.

Or make TNF after week 8

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm guilty of watching, but yeah... actively dislike it. Product is almost always worse and I hate it when the Bears are stuck playing on a Thursday.

Just kill Thursday and have two MNF games every week.

Problem with that is you have games spilling into times where it's not favorable to watch for people. The early game in a feasible MNF doubleheader would start at like 4:30 on the West coast and the backend of the doubleheader starting at 10:30 on the East coast.

Personally i'd rather either do away with the Thursday nighters sans the big traditional ones (so opening night/US Thanksgiving) or alternatively, move the games to Saturday night. Gives the players at least a bit more time to re-cooperate if you absolutely need to have games on not sunday/monday

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Problem with that is you have games spilling into times where it's not favorable to watch for people. The early game in a feasible MNF doubleheader would start at like 4:30 on the West coast and the backend of the doubleheader starting at 10:30 on the East coast.

Personally i'd rather either do away with the Thursday nighters sans the big traditional ones (so opening night/US Thanksgiving) or alternatively, move the games to Saturday night. Gives the players at least a bit more time to re-cooperate if you absolutely need to have games on not sunday/monday

They actually can't run Saturdays. Or Fridays. See the Sports Broadcasting Act of 1961:

Sports Broadcasting Act of 1961 - Wikipedia

Combination of antitrust laws and competition with college football. The NFL cannot run a game and/or broadcast within 75 miles of a high school or college (read: game) before the end of their seasons

Reactions: Blitzkrug

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I love the fact that there is a game on however I'll only watch if I find the matchup interesting.
I'll be honest, I did not watch a second of last's night game!

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
TNF actually was after week 8 from 2008-2011

that's what I meant.

The TV deal will make it hard for that to happen, but they have to make the season 18 weeks and give each team 2 bye weeks if they want TNF to occr in the future.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I'm not sure if it's the Thursday night that leads to the bad games, or the consistent stinky matchups naturally lend themselves to crappy games. They don't even seem to try to put "good" games anywhere near Thursday evenings.

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
I'm fine with it, if I got time it's more football to watch, if it's just another Bucs Panthers game on Sunday then I wouldn't watch it other than some red zone highlights :dunce:

Reactions: fin8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad