Series Talk: How do we beat Boston in round 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
If you understand that 95% isn't 100%, then why are you so angry? There are much, much less relevant subjects discussed on this board, we're 6 weeks away from the playoffs and like it or not, we're probably playing Boston. If you don't think that there are a ton of Leaf fans interested in discussing this they you're very far removed from reality. If you don't want to discus it then don't, it's that simple. Say goodbye and go enjoy elsewhere, "problem" solved.

I'm not mad man nor is anything that i've posted insinuated anger, it seems your mad and are now directing that anger at a stranger on the internet

Reactions: kb

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
A big shoutout to the schedule maker too, I mean who wants to see a huge divisional matchup, that was likely a playoff preview, in the last 45 games of a season. Great job!

Reactions: wintersej

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Nueter the Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak line, and you beat Boston. Simple. ;)

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It's a pick em series. Everyone on the TSN panel picked the Bruins yesterday. This idea that we should just roll over a top 5 team in the league, with tons of playoff experience, a divisional foe, otherwise a failure, simply isn't reality based.

We're in real tough, the hardest first round matchup and that's Bettman's NHL for you.

Yup. I said it a week or two ago, whoever has the home advantage is probably a slight favourite but either way, it should be a dogfight. And as of today, Boston is ever so slightly ahead of us FWIW.

I'm not mad man nor is anything that i've posted insinuated anger, it seems your mad and are now directing that anger at a stranger on the internet

Glad to hear you're not angry. I'm not angry either, I just found your post mildly annoying. A potential series against Boston is eminently discussion worthy and like I said, if you have no interest in discussing this then why not just go away? :)

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
We beat them the same way we would have beat them last time. Don't let them score at will on the PP.

Showing up for the last period of game 7 if that's what it comes down to would help as well. Hopefully though we earn the home ice advantage, Andersen is on top of his game and we finish them in 5.

Reactions: ktownhockey

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
Hopefully we can stay healthy between now and then. The way things are looking on the Bruins side of the equation, there's a chance Pastrnak might not even be available to play during our series.

While nothing is set in stone right now, it's pretty unlikely either one of our teams are overtaken by MTL. So yeah, we're probably headed towards pt. 3.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Plus side. Our young core players have last year's experience, we should be much more prepared from the get go. For my money Andersen has shown a new level of consistency this year, that bodes well for the playoffs.

We need to fight like hell to get home ice, that could well be the difference. The good news there, our opponent will be doing the same, no danger of relative over use of players down the stretch. Game 7 in Boston has a lot of baggage, don't understate the importance of avoiding that potentiality.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
But actually if we’re being honest, Kadri not being suspended and Andersen not taking periods off would help a lot.

Andersen especially. He was so good in the first two periods of game 7. And then he lets that Krug shot in...like unscreened, undeflected shot from the point. Under expected goals models that shot has like a 1% chance of going in...

horner

May 22, 2007
They are always ready for us .
Maybe we should this time.

Mathews needs to start being a leader.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
Yup. I said it a week or two ago, whoever has the home advantage is probably a slight favourite but either way, it should be a dogfight. And as of today, Boston is ever so slightly ahead of us FWIW.

Glad to hear you're not angry. I'm not angry either, I just found your post mildly annoying. A potential series against Boston is eminently discussion worthy and like I said, if you have no interest in discussing this then why not just go away? :)
How pathetic does it look if a bruins fan came in here and the post says "how we beat boston in round 1" when it isn't factual yet, starting a thread called "how to get out of round one" would probably be more productive as we can then talk about other teams we may play against as well.

Reactions: kb

horner

May 22, 2007
Boston has this extra gear when they play us

We need to find that extra gear.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
How pathetic does it look if a bruins fan came in here and the post says "how we beat boston in round 1" when it isn't factual yet, starting a thread called "how to get out of round one" would probably be more productive as we can then talk about other teams we may play against as well.
:laugh:

Reactions: dsred

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
It's Boston friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad