How did you discover the All-Time Drafts?

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
Invites

Received a few invites but was skeptical even after some basic exploration.

Curiosity caused by continued cross references in the HOH forum brought me back.

Decided to give it a try as I have an interest in team building concepts throughout hockey history.

Interesting concept with some potential. Not sure if it is a repeat.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Received a few invites but was skeptical even after some basic exploration.

Curiosity caused by continued cross references in the HOH forum brought me back.

Decided to give it a try as I have an interest in team building concepts throughout hockey history.

Interesting concept with some potential. Not sure if it is a repeat.

Once I realized there are many rewarding aspects outside of winning, it became a lot more fun for me.

Personally, I enjoy picking a player that has been under-appreciated and doing a good sell job on him. It doesn't always work, but it's rewarding when that player makes a huge jump up the draft next year :)

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
I started posting regularly on the HoH board during ATD 6. Started following, started commenting. One of the GMs had to go one an extended leave, so I covered for him, making 2 picks. Then I ran the first ever ATD playoffs.

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
The first ever Leafs ATD was taking place, and I decided to join on a whim (don't ask me why I, a Habs fan, was even on the Leafs forum to begin with, I can't remember why). I did terrible and easily finished last in my conference.

But, I fell in love with the ATD at the same time, and haven't looked back since.

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I heard there was this charming Cary Grant type guy that everyone liked and I had to meet him. Who was this Mr Congeniality? VI, of course. ;) Actually, I was reading the HoH in December 2007, found out about the ATD, have been reading the ATD ever since, Co-GMed a team several years ago, and had my own team this year.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I've always been interested in fantasy hockey and GM games/Mock Drafts, and got a bit bored with those and wanted a new kind of challenge.

Sounds like you found the board through the Fantasy Hockey and Video Games section. And I'm pretty sure raptor did too. Not sure who else.

So being in this section isn't all bad

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
Dont remember if I found it through a recruitment thread or if someone invited me. I had a complicated beginning as I was first a socks co-GM and then Jareks but I think a team pulled out and I finally got be head manager of my own team.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Sounds like you found the board through the Fantasy Hockey and Video Games section. And I'm pretty sure raptor did too. Not sure who else.

So being in this section isn't all bad

That's correct. I run annual NHL Mock Entry Drafts under the Mock Draft forum and the ATD was in the same category, I lurked it a few times and came across it in 2010 when they were looking for very few teams, and I don't regret a second of it.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
That's correct. I run annual NHL Mock Entry Drafts under the Mock Draft forum and the ATD was in the same category, I lurked it a few times and came across it in 2010 when they were looking for very few teams, and I don't regret a second of it.
Dang, I thought you were a History Board recruit. You draft like one! :)

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010

How does these mock drafts work? Do you draft prospects and before the real draft and then see who were most correct or are they just for fun (or both)?

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
I've been a longtime lurker/reader of the ATD from when I first joined hfboards (yes, when it was still part of the HOH forum). Add in the fact that I'm a sports and history nut and the ATD has always held a fascination for me. However, I've only ever really followed the Penguins. So, besides being peripherally aware of some of the big names in the history of the game, I never had the confidence, until recently, to dive in and participate. Some of you are pretty intimidating.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Other: Had lurked here for a few months before deciding to join back in the summer of 2010. Enjoy it immensely and discussing hockey history with everyone here.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Lafleur's Fries and I hand-picked the guys who would form the inagural chat.mapleleafs.com ATD. Dreakmur and Dwight were among them. Pretty sure Dreakmur was my idea. Can't remember if Dwight was a walk-on or not. I'm trying to remember his original name... I know he was my 1st or 2nd round opponent, he had Parent or Tretiak, and I think Marcel Dionne. Crap, this is really bothering me, I know he was called something else before he was T-Kabs....

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
At the time (early 2008, early-MLD9), we actually wanted to keep our LC ATD on the downlow. I was new and didn't want to look like I was overstepping my bounds by taking their proven formula and franchising it somewhere else without "permission". oh, silly seventies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad