How confident are you in the goaltending?

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I noticed a thread on the main board and most people had Ottawa in the bottom 5-10 in the league.

How is everyone feelin about Anderson/Lehner next season? I really don't know what to think right now. We've seen two sides of Anderson and he's going into the last year of his deal.

Lehner had his struggles last season, but we saw him recover by the end of the season. He may very well be the starter by Christmas.

How do you guys think it plays out ?

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
Anderson is still the most underrated goalie in the league behind a ****** defence. Lehner disappointed me a bit last season while showing strong potential at times, but again the defence didn't give him much help.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Pretty confident

Anderson had a bad year last year but he's been real solid for us other than in 2013-2014

Lehner started last year playing very well but the team let him down and he lost confidence which is understandable at such a young age

In the end the goaltending will only be as good as the team defense will allow it to be

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I'm confident in them if they're used properly. Maclean needs to stop hiding behind the #1 goalie crap and play the hot goalie. If Lehner had played more at the beginning of the season when Andy was struggling we could have had enough points to make the playoffs.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Lehner was hot last season Paul Maclean killed it, by being stubborn and trying to keep his boy Anderson number 1, Lehner sat on the bench for a large stretch and lost his groove, Lehner could have had a big season, and sens could have been in a better spot, Probably the main reason I was on the Fire Maclean Team. Hopefully we don't take our hot goalie out of the net this season and cost our selfs playoffs again.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Anderson is still the most underrated goalie in the league behind a ****** defence. Lehner disappointed me a bit last season while showing strong potential at times, but again the defence didn't give him much help.

Agreed, he just looked defeated at some points last season because he wasn't getting any help at all. When Andy is on his game he is one of the best in the league.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Anderson can steal us games without good defence. If the defence can pull it together, Lehner can be good too. Goaltending is the least of my question marks at the moment.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I feel like I'm being asked to be super confident.... Defence, Turris, goaltending....

I'm confident that we will suck, but be enjoyable to watch doing it :)

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Lehner was hot last season Paul Maclean killed it, by being stubborn and trying to keep his boy Anderson number 1, Lehner sat on the bench for a large stretch and lost his groove, Lehner could have had a big season, and sens could have been in a better spot, Probably the main reason I was on the Fire Maclean Team. Hopefully we don't take our hot goalie out of the net this season and cost our selfs playoffs again.

Yeah, didn't MacLean bench Lehner after he had been named the first star of the week in the NHL? That was insane.

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
Of all the problems we need to worry about going into this year, I think goaltending is one of the lowest things on the list.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Yeah, didn't MacLean bench Lehner after he had been named the first star of the week in the NHL? That was insane.

That pissed me off. Don't change a winning lineup for the sake of change. He always did this and we'd always lose the next game.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Pretty confident. They are a good mix, just a matter of better defensive play in front and being ready to play.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
That pissed me off. Don't change a winning lineup for the sake of change. He always did this and we'd always lose the next game.

Time to start a "how confident are you in MacLean and our coaching staff?" - thread eh?

Karlsson2Turris*

Agree with everything here. It makes no sense to replace the first star of the week no matter who the goalie is...keep letting him play until he cools off

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Confident.

We went one season well above the statistical mean for goaltenders and then followed it with a season well below it.. If Lehner and Andy can land between those two seasons they'd be adequate.

Just need some consistency from them and our defense group.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Anderson is the better tender at this point. Getting him going was far more important to the organization than giving Lehner another game after a random shutout.

Whether I agree or not, this much was clear.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Anderson alternates between bad and good seasons.
2 years ago was good, last year was bad. This year should be good. To be honest though, I wish Lehner goes out there and takes the job from Anderson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad