How confident are you in Kyle Turris

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
With Spezza gone, this guy is now the undisputed number 1C . How confident are you guys with him being the number 1 guy in town for the foreseeable future?

Don't get me wrong, he had an awesome year last year and he is a solid player.. but I'm more in a wait and see mode..he's going to see a lot more pressure from #1 pairings, and there's going to be a lot on his shoulders to have to deal with

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I'm confident in our 3 centermen being able to make up for Spezza through offense and defense.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
We're a playoff team with him as the #1 center. Teams were matching top pairings against MacArthur-Turris-Ryan all last season. Nothing changes.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Hes gonna hit 60. +20 at least.

Bergeron gets around with that and people call him one of the best centres in the league, lets see if it works with Turris.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
He's an elite second line center, an average top line center. Hopefully he takes it up a notch now that he's the official number one guy.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
We're a playoff team with him as the #1 center. Teams were matching top pairings against MacArthur-Turris-Ryan all last season. Nothing changes.

the fact that Spezza came back last after the Olympic break and played much better took some pressure off of the Turris line.

Just think 50-60 points is not going to be good enough if he's the number 1 guy, especially considering people like Zibanejad are still young and inconsistent and Legwand is no proven goal scorer himself throughout his career.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
He's an elite second line center, an average top line center. Hopefully he takes it up a notch now that he's the official number one guy.

Exactly my point.. he's an awesome #2C being put in a #1 spot. I have no doubt he can put up the points, but I don't know if its enough

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Exactly my point.. he's an awesome #2C being put in a #1 spot. I have no doubt he can put up the points, but I don't know if its enough
it won't be enough for the same reason that Spezza as the first line wouldn't be enough without Turris as part of a 2nd line for this team

edit actually nvm it should be enough with Legwand

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
giphy.gif

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
the fact that Spezza came back last after the Olympic break and played much better took some pressure off of the Turris line.

Just think 50-60 points is not going to be good enough if he's the number 1 guy, especially considering people like Zibanejad are still young and inconsistent and Legwand is no proven goal scorer himself throughout his career.

The MacArthur-Turris-Ryan line played their worst hockey of the season after the olympic break.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm confident in our center group as a whole to get the job done even though Kyle may not be top tier #1 center material.

Turris
Zbad
Legwand
Smith

...is pretty damn solid imo. I don't see our forward group as a weakness next year. It will come down to team defense and goaltending.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
I'm confident he will top 50 points but I think its when Zibanejad starts outscoring him that we will become a legitimate contender. Could happen sooner rather than later.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I will say thing about Turris..his shot is absolutely filthy...his wrist shot specifically. Top 10 best wrist shots in the game right now. It's actually beautiful to see

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I don't think he's a #1 center but if we can spread out the offense and acquire that extra top-6 forward, he'll do absolutely fine. Not sure we are a playoff team as the roster currently stands though.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm confident he will top 50 points but I think its when Zibanejad starts outscoring him that we will become a legitimate contender. Could happen sooner rather than later.

I'm not convinced Zibby will ever outscore Turris personally. I'm surprised so many do from what we've seen so far. I mean he's super young and could perhaps become a #1 center in two-three years, but I don't see proof of that as of now. I think he'll end up with very similar numbers as Turris being an elite 2nd line center throughout his career.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I'm not convinced Zibby will ever outscore Turris personally. I'm surprised so many do from what we've seen so far. I mean he's super young and could perhaps become a #1 center in two-three years, but I don't see proof of that as of now. I think he'll end up with very similar numbers as Turris being an elite 2nd line center throughout his career.

I kind of see it like a Krejci - Bergeron thing which is great

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

I dont see it as a guarantee but as a distinct possibility. Also outscore was probably the wrong word, I meant it more as creating on his own. Turris will always get points because he uses his teammates well, but he still creates more on his own than Zibanejad does. When Zibanejad starts creating more on his own than Turris does (which I think is a very likely possibility), that's when I think we'll be a truly dangerous team - even if both hover between 50-60 points. It's a tough concept to explain but its pretty clear to me when watching them play.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I worry about him getting worn down being the number 1 over the course of a whole season. He seems to disappear for stretches of games and that simply can't happen this year.

There's no doubt about it, our season hinges on Kyle Turris.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad