How come Czechs don't play fantasy hockey?

daggeg

Nov 3, 2011
Out of curiosity; how come Czechs don't play fantasy hockey? Last two seasons at SweGamers we had only one Czech manager. But when we partnered up with Dobber Hockey, ahead of this season, we thought we'd have plenty of Czech managers onboard. But since we started our Dobbernomics site we still only have one manager from the Czech Republic, how come? We've got plenty of Slovaks. Is there any cultural differences between Czech and Slovaks I don't know about? Is the former much less interested in the NHL than the latter? Curious...

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Out of curiosity; how come Czechs don't play fantasy hockey? Last two seasons at SweGamers we had only one Czech manager. But when we partnered up with Dobber Hockey, ahead of this season, we thought we'd have plenty of Czech managers onboard. But since we started our Dobbernomics site we still only have one manager from the Czech Republic, how come? We've got plenty of Slovaks. Is there any cultural differences between Czech and Slovaks I don't know about? Is the former much less interested in the NHL than the latter? Curious...

I know the answer, but you wont like it -

Swe... what? Dobber Hockey? what the hell is that? :sarcasm:

and now more serious. Here is much more popular Yahoo. And ESPN and maybe Sportingnews or NHL.com.

daggeg

Nov 3, 2011
I know the answer, but you wont like it -

Swe... what? Dobber Hockey? what the hell is that? :sarcasm:

and now more serious. Here is much more popular Yahoo. And ESPN and maybe Sportingnews or NHL.com.

But those sites only have ordinary run of the mill type of fantasy games. You say Czechs don't like putting an effort in their fantasy sports activities? :sarcasm:

lamini

Nov 30, 2011
Prostějov
I may be wrong, but another reason may be that many Czechs prefere Extraliga to NHL. When Czechs and Slovaks parted, most traditional rivalries were broken for Slovak teams, while most czech fans still watch games against rivals their dads and grandads watched decades ago.
Most casual fans in CR don't follow NHL enough for fantasy hockey, so they prefere Extraliga fantasy hockey games

Mar 11, 2013
QC
I may be wrong, but another reason may be that many Czechs prefere Extraliga to NHL. When Czechs and Slovaks parted, most traditional rivalries were broken for Slovak teams, while most czech fans still watch games against rivals their dads and grandads watched decades ago.
Most casual fans in CR don't follow NHL enough for fantasy hockey, so they prefere Extraliga fantasy hockey games
Bingo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad