How can you not love Tommy Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Nothing damaging landed, but clearly Wilson was stronger, more engaged in trying to destroy Coburn.

Wonder if Ryan Reaves tries to get Wilson to go?

Can’t stand Reaves...taunts the opponents bench after most fights. Can’t play hockey either.

Wasn't it Reeves that scored the game winning goal in the Jets elimination game?

Yup, it sure was!

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
How many times have innocent people been wrongly convicted?

How many of those wrongly convicted had multiple cameras at the scene of the crime in in full 1080?

You are reaching. You can't say he's not a head hunter when he's been suspended for it, as well as had several other head hits that weren't worthy of suspension for some reason.

Tom Wilson hits to inflict maximum damage, not to separate a player from the puck. He's a Steven's Lite player.

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
I don't mind him. I just really wish people would embrace the nickname "Biff" or "Mad Dog Tannen" for him, Seeing as his name (Tom Wilson) is shared by the actor who played Biff in the Back To The Future movies. Also, it's pretty fitting seeing as TW does play on the edge and often crosses the line as well.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Softy Euro taking out a goon like Wilson

This is how you do it

LOL the irony here, you choose a video of Pavel Bure with "mother of all elbows" as example and you still come crying about Wilson? Keep crying softy Euro. :laugh:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
How many of those wrongly convicted had multiple cameras at the scene of the crime in in full 1080?

You are reaching. You can't say he's not a head hunter when he's been suspended for it, as well as had several other head hits that weren't worthy of suspension for some reason.

Tom Wilson hits to inflict maximum damage, not to separate a player from the puck. He's a Steven's Lite player.

You completely miss the point. Just because someone is punished doesn't mean they did it. Not even video evidence is enough to remove this possibility. Without getting political, think about it.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don't mind him. I just really wish people would embrace the nickname "Biff" or "Mad Dog Tannen" for him, Seeing as his name (Tom Wilson) is shared by the actor who played Biff in the Back To The Future movies. Also, it's pretty fitting seeing as TW does play on the edge and often crosses the line as well.

It's Big Willy. Or sarcastically when he scores, "No Skill Willy"

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Jun 13, 2012
How can i be a softy euro when i approve of Bure's way of handling dirty goons..... you are not very bright, just like Tom Wilson.
No you are just crying about how Wilson is dirty but your example with Pavel Bure is just terrible.

What Pavel Bure did in this video is to use his elbow to hit players but if every players used their elbow, it would be easy to be "physical" for them too. So it just shows how dumb and soft you are like Pavel Bure. :laugh:

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
No you are just crying about how Wilson is dirty but your example with Pavel Bure is just terrible.

What Pavel Bure did in this video is to use his elbow to hit players but if every players used their elbow, it would be easy to be "physical" for them too. So it just shows how dumb and soft you are like Pavel Bure. :laugh:
Bure was not soft or dumb, he have had enough of being pushed around...... and since there are no enforcers left in our NHL, the players need to stand up for themselves, just like Pavel did. That will make players like Wilson think twice before they injure another player on purpose

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Jun 13, 2012
Bure was not soft or dumb, he have had enough of being pushed around...... and since there are no enforcers left in our NHL, the players need to stand up for themselves, just like Pavel did. That will make players like Wilson think twice before they injure another player on purpose
Did you know there were enforcers in the NHL when Bure played?

I'm not here to discuss with you if what Bure did was right or not. But you hate Wilson because of his dirty actions but yet you still praise other players like Bure for theirs and it's very laughable.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Here's the "psychology" of Pens fans you would never understand: we've been fortunate to enjoy five Stanley Cups while watching some of the greatest to play the game, such as 66, 68, 87 and 71. So we know great hockey and great hockey players. Tom Wilson, and his career 20 goals or whatever, ain't one of''em (he's a dime a dozen d-bag).

I mean he was manhandling le greatest Pens hard enough that Gary had to step in and take him out of the series for a shoulder to shoulder hit that wasn't even ruled a penalty on the ice or in Toronto, that's something at least.

tom-wilson-hit-suspension.jpg

Reactions: CapsJunkie

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Jun 13, 2012
I mean he was manhandling le greatest Pens hard enough that Gary had to step in and take him out of the series for a shoulder to shoulder hit that wasn't even ruled a penalty on the ice or in Toronto, that's something at least.

tom-wilson-hit-suspension.jpg
2018-05-25 22.13.23.jpg

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
As much as you want to make him a villain, you know you wish he was on your team.
Everyone says that about scumbag players like Wilson, and they are wrong for saying it.

Any player that puts winning over another human being's health is not someone I want on my team.

Tom Wilson is, always has been, and likely always will be a predator. If you aren't ashamed of his behavior it says a lot about you.

Anyone watch the UCL Championship game today? Games like that, the respect between players and the sportsmanship shown is why I'm starting to like soccer more than hockey. You'll find the one off incidents here and there, sure, but nothing like Tom Wilson.

Not someone to admire and not someone I want on my team. Not someone I want in the league.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Jun 13, 2012
Everyone says that about ******* players like Wilson, and they are wrong for saying it.

Any player that puts winning over another human being's health is not someone I want on my team.

Tom Wilson is, always has been, and likely always will be a predator. If you aren't ashamed of his behavior it says a lot about you.

Anyone watch the UCL Championship game today? Games like that, the respect between players and the sportsmanship shown is why I'm starting to like soccer more than hockey. You'll find the one off incidents here and there, sure, but nothing like Tom Wilson.

Not someone to admire and not someone I want on my team. Not someone I want in the league.
Your crying on the Caps players is really starting to become pathological. The Kuznetsov's bird celly, the Wilson's physicality, what is next? The Ovechkin's 700th goal? It would be better for you to watch soccer finally. Maybe you won't be a sad whale anymore.

Reactions: CapsJunkie

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
Your crying on the Caps players is really starting to become pathological. The Kuznetsov's bird celly, the Wilson's physicality, what is next? The Ovechkin's 700th goal? It would be better for you to watch soccer finally. Maybe you won't be a sad whale anymore.
I'm too old to make that switch at this point. Along the way of a lifetime spent watching the NHL one of the things you learn is that hating your rival is fun, or it used to be. I blame the internet that gives fans too much direct interaction with each other that it's come to what it is today. It's not just hatred, it's, something more that I can't put my finger on. My hatred of the Caps, while likely reaching a level that is unreasonable, is well documented on this board and it isn't Ovie, it isn't Kuznetsov's celebration and it isn't even Tom Wilson (though he is as awful of a person as advertised), it's the fanbase.

I've had an incredible amount of interaction with Caps fans through the course of my NHL watching life and they are truly the nut-low of fanbases, IMO.

I could go on a tirade that really won't make a difference to you, but instead I'll sum up my hatred of the Caps and their fans in one sentence that will be very powerful, unless your like the majority of Caps fans who have only been here since Ovie was drafted:

As a lifelong, black and gold bleeding, live and die with my team Penguins fan, I would rather see the Flyers win a Cup than the Caps.

I don't think I can be any more clear than that.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Jun 13, 2012
I'm too old to make that switch at this point. Along the way of a lifetime spent watching the NHL one of the things you learn is that hating your rival is fun, or it used to be. I blame the internet that gives fans too much direct interaction with each other that it's come to what it is today. It's not just hatred, it's, something more that I can't put my finger on. My hatred of the Caps, while likely reaching a level that is unreasonable, is well documented on this board and it isn't Ovie, it isn't Kuznetsov's celebration and it isn't even Tom Wilson (though he is as awful of a person as advertised), it's the fanbase.

I've had an incredible amount of interaction with Caps fans through the course of my NHL watching life and they are truly the nut-low of fanbases, IMO.

I could go on a tirade that really won't make a difference to you, but instead I'll sum up my hatred of the Caps and their fans in one sentence that will be very powerful, unless your like the majority of Caps fans who have only been here since Ovie was drafted:

As a lifelong, black and gold bleeding, live and die with my team Penguins fan, I would rather see the Flyers win a Cup than the Caps.

I don't think I can be any more clear than that.
If you take a serious look to my username, you will see that I fellow hockey a long time before Ovechkin was drafted. I'm not a Caps fan but I don't hate the Capitals and with what you said in your previous posts, I guessed you were a Pens fan.

I can understand your points concerning rivalries, Internet and all this stuff. But talking about the Caps fanbase being truly the nut-low of fanbases is really funny because the Pens fanbase is really obnoxious especially since Crosby was drafted ironically. And they are certainly the most crying fanbase actually when something doesn't go in their way with maybe Tampa fanbase too.

Last edited:

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
If you take a serious look to my username, you will see that I fellow hockey a long time before Ovechkin was drafted. I'm not a Caps fan but I don't hate the Capitals and with what you said in your previous posts, I guessed you were a Pens fan.

I can understand your points concerning rivalries, Internet and all this stuff. But talking about the Caps fanbase being truly the nut-low of fanbases is really funny because the Pens fanbase is really obnoxious especially since Crosby was drafted ironically. And they are certainly the most crying fanbase actually when something doesn't go in their way with maybe Tampa fanbase too.

It's funny, because someone in Philly said it then it must be true!

Every fanbase cries when calls go against them, every fanbase cries when the other team gets away with dirty plays, to that point we are mostly the same. Just take a look at the Game 1 post game talk on the Caps board after the Pens came back to beat them in that game. You think Caps fans weren't crying there? Please....

Pens fans get shit about the Crosby draft being fixed despite having the best chance to win it and they whine about the league wanting Crosby to win, etc... yet nobody bother to raise the point the Caps had the THIRD best chance to win the Ovechkin lottery and managed to win it, isn't that weird? Nothing happened to Steckel when he took out the face of the league that Uncle Gary so badly wants to win. Again, weird, isn't it?

Fanbases as a whole aren't much different concerning things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad