How can I add the 2018 draftees to their NHL clubs?

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
In the pass it was easy to add the rookies with their NHL teams. You could create a team with them and then trade them to their NHL team but I can't do it in NHL18.

Dahlin
Zadina
and the rest are too young to be able to play on a NHL Team.

Anyone found a way to add these prospects to their respective NHL teams?

Reactions: grentthealien

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
It depends do you want them for franchise mode or season mode? If it is franchise id significantly lower the overalls of the real prospects so they don’t have any impact on that mode and then I’d just recreate all the players from the draft except I’d make them 18 years old before assigning them to their teams.

If you just want to play a season with Dahlin, Zadina, Svechinkov etc etc on their teams I have found a way to do this. Simply recreate a team that’s jerseys are easy to create like say New Jersey for example and put all the prospects on that team along with the team’s actual players . You have 40 player slots in create a team so there is more than enough room fit a lot of the 2018 1st rounders in there. After that sub out the NHL team you created with the custom team version of it and then start up your season mode. Make sure you are controlling every team and just simply trade the prospects on your custom NHL team back to their real teams.

It is a bit of a pain in the a**, but it does work for season mode. If you have any questions feel free to ask:)

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
It depends do you want them for franchise mode or season mode? If it is franchise id significantly lower the overalls of the real prospects so they don’t have any impact on that mode and then I’d just recreate all the players from the draft except I’d make them 18 years old before assigning them to their teams.

If you just want to play a season with Dahlin, Zadina, Svechinkov etc etc on their teams I have found a way to do this. Simply recreate a team that’s jerseys are easy to create like say New Jersey for example and put all the prospects on that team along with the team’s actual players . You have 40 player slots in create a team so there is more than enough room fit a lot of the 2018 1st rounders in there. After that sub out the NHL team you created with the custom team version of it and then start up your season mode. Make sure you are controlling every team and just simply trade the prospects on your custom NHL team back to their real teams.

It is a bit of a pain in the a**, but it does work for season mode. If you have any questions feel free to ask:)

Thanks, I use to just create a team with all the players then trade them back to their nhl club. I guess ill have to do what you suggested. It's a great idea.
Thank You

Reactions: grentthealien

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Well in NHL14 you could create a team, make a roster with every drafted players, then being able to trade them to their actual team. It's impossible to do it with 18. I just created them, it allows you to create accurate size and weight.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
You buy NHL 19 when it comes out!
So I'm guessing they're lazy to update the roster for NHL 18? Or patch any updates related to the game itself? I'd say worst than other EA games

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
So I'm guessing they're lazy to update the roster for NHL 18? Or patch any updates related to the game itself? I'd say worst than other EA games
Last roster update is like early April. So yes, basically you wait to buy 19.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast

You know you're a genius right?

Thanks a lot !

Do you know how many custom teams you can put into one franchise mode?

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
In the pass it was easy to add the rookies with their NHL teams. You could create a team with them and then trade them to their NHL team but I can't do it in NHL18.

Dahlin
Zadina
and the rest are too young to be able to play on a NHL Team.

Anyone found a way to add these prospects to their respective NHL teams?

Honestly, you better create them by yourself, more accurate, the right hair, the right size and weight...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad