How bad do the Canucks look now that the Sedins are gone?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
going into next season with current roster is bad, but lets see how the freed up cap space looks like after some signings. We are in the process of rebuilding anyways and transitioning younger players, so we may very well look like a bottom 10 team next year. But we really do need to beef up the defence no joke, and a consistent Markstrom will help.

but if anyone watched the Canucks last 10 games this season... we were better then all of them. Not joking, Vegas, Oilers, Ducks, equally as good, but probably a bottom 10 team again next season.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Skill player flaming out at age 30 doesn't exactly scream out good habits to me

Hes still a good responsible defensive player and generally works hard. Hes just slow now. None of this has to do with mentorship tho. Especially when none of us know what goes on in the locker room.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Hes still a good responsible defensive player and generally works hard. Hes just slow now. None of this has to do with mentorship tho. Especially when none of us know what goes on in the locker room.

Young players need leadership by example on how to practice, treat your body, work ethic etc.... not a cheerleader that's vocal in the room. Again... someone who falls off a cliff at 30 unless by major injury isn't a role model in that regard

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
Well they were one of the worst teams in the league WITH the Sedins, so............I'll go with really, really, really bad? Like, worst in the league, bad?
Good thing the top of the draft next year is stacked.

Feb 24, 2017
next year's potential rookies aside, is this guy our third best forward now?

Jussi-Jokinen-Canucks.jpg
Who is this?

Reactions: blueberrie

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Young players need leadership by example on how to practice, treat your body, work ethic etc.... not a cheerleader that's vocal in the room. Again... someone who falls off a cliff at 30 unless by major injury isn't a role model in that regard

Again you have no knowledge on what Eriksson does when he prepares to play and what his training session is on a daily basis. and yes Eriksson has suffered injuries that hampered his effectiveness to forecheck.

Players that are declining dont corrolate with leadership. Being Swedish certainly helps when it comes to familiarity and comfort level around a fellow Swedish player.

Overpaying for Perron would be a stupid decision. Theres nothing that shows he can mentor better than Eriksson can.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
They're bringing the same bottom 3 defence back next season so they aren't going anywhere

Canucks won't crack 90 points again until Benning and Linden leave the organization

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
They're bringing the same bottom 3 defence back next season so they aren't going anywhere

Canucks won't crack 90 points again until Benning and Linden leave the organization

I agree.

Both didn't even register a goal this season.

It's a wait and see situation. We'll see what happens. I'm not expecting a whole lot, just hope youngsters develop

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The Canucks are going to suck and they are going to suck for a very long time. I see perpetual rebuild in their future.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
This is a weird time to make this thread. This is the most optimistic about the team Canucks fans have felt since 2011 cup run. For once, we actually have a future in sight and our prospect pipeline is LOADED. I mean, the hobey baker winner this year barely makes it into our top 5 prospects. Add on a top 10 pick in 2018 and it's all up from here.
I do foresee one more season of bottom feeding next season though, which is fine with me. Add a 2019 top 10 pick to the prospect depth charts and the canucks are gonna be a force in a few years.

A lot has changed since 1 year ago this date.
The two biggest things that has made the future much brighter have been:
1. Boeser lighting it up in the NHL and having a rookie season better than even the biggest Canucks homers dreamed of
2. Elias Pettersson shattering records in the SHL. The general consensus pre-season was that if Pettersson could have a 0.5ppg SHL season as a rookie, that would be great. What he's doing now... is well... historic. Not only is he the best non-dahlin prospect in the world, he's arguably a top 3 hockey player not in the NHL right now, behind Kovalchuk and Datsyuk.

The team will finish bottom 5 based on the current line-up plus potential rookies coming in.

But the team will be much more exciting to watch.

This is my prediction.

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
Just because a player has a crappy contract doesnt make him a bad leader or mentor. You have no idea what goes on in the locker room.
Vanek was a better mentor than Loui and we got rid of him for Motte the Hoople. The only thing Eriksson mentors is the cash he sucked out of Benning.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Vegas proved this year that you don't need good players to win in this league. You just need a good system and the players to buy into it. Hockey is barely even a skill game anymore.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
The Canucks are going to suck and they are going to suck for a very long time. I see perpetual rebuild in their future.
Actually the rebuild is one or two pieces away from being finished. But you can keep hoping for a perpetual rebuild I guess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad