How bad do the Canucks look now that the Sedins are gone?

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
On paper it looks downright awful.

They have two top-six caliber forwards: Horvat and Boeser. That's it. Then a bunch of 3rd liners/scrubs.

Doesn't look much better on the backend, Tanev being the only quality D (well, maybe Hutton too?). Oh and Gudbranson just signed an extension.

They don't have any talent in front of the pipes either. Maybe Demko can save the day though.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I assume they'll have a ton of young guys jump up next season, like Elias Pettersson.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

They have two top-six caliber forwards: Horvat and Boeser. That's it. Then a bunch of 3rd liners/scrubs.

Doesn't look much better on the backend, Tanev being the only quality D (well, maybe Hutton too?). Oh and Gudbranson just signed an extension.

They don't have any talent in front of the pipes either. Maybe Demko can save the day though.

Pettersson, Gaudette, Oluivei

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
next year's potential rookies aside, is this guy our third best forward now?

Jussi-Jokinen-Canucks.jpg

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013

Don’t worry. Vancouver has some very good young players coming up next season. They’ll be just fine going forward.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
They’ll be awful next year. Would have been nice for them to bring in Pettersson so he could be mentored by Henrik, but now their kids will kinda be on their own.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
They’ll be awful next year. Would have been nice for them to bring in Pettersson so he could be mentored by Henrik, but now their kids will kinda be on their own.

Are they going back to Sweden like Sundin did?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Dahlen-Petterson-Boeser
Gaudette-Horvat-Goldobin
Eriksson-Granlund-Virtanen
Leispic-Dowd-Baertschi

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Gudbranson
Pouliot-Stecher

Markstrom
Demko

I see them adding a few bad contracts to start the year to improve their future in rebuilding. I think they'll rebuild will be a good one.

Reactions: maxb221

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
They’ll have lots of cap room to sign some players as well

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Weren't they playing primarily favorable offensive opportunities and PP this past season? I wasn't under the impression they were doing a ton of "heavy" lifting.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
no on paper they look better then they are on the ice

Here is their line up
1- Brock Boeser
2- Adam Gaudette
3- Thatcher Demko their future number 1 goalie
4- Bo Horvat
5- Elias Pettersson
6- Olli Juolevi

if they can get Nikita Tymkin back from Europe they will have one of the top line under the age of 23

I bash the nucks are because their fans make it easy (just look at any discussion about future hall of famer and multiple norrris trophy winner Tanev to see why)--but they have some good young talent in their system

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia

Edler is still good and I would take him over Tanev, but your point stands.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
They'll be more than fine in a few years. There's a bevy of young talent coming their way. They just need to shore up the blueline and hope like hell Demko pans out.

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia

Horvat has been in the league for 4 years now and he has been progressing each season. He's still young but he's experienced and he'll be our first line center. Off the ice, you hear nothing but good things about him and he'll likely be our next captain.

Reactions: Fixxer

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
It's gonna be a rough few years...Sedins towards the end of their careers were beginning to be taken for granted. With them retired now, it'll be a swim or sink scenario. I predict they'll finish around the same next season as they did this year.

Reactions: Fixxer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad