Player Discussion How are you feeling about Matthew Knies these days?

How is Knies living up to your initial impression/hopes for him?

• He’s wildly exceeded my expectations.

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • He’s doing better than I thought.

Votes: 39 21.8%
  • He’s about what I thought he was.

Votes: 82 45.8%
  • I’m slightly disappointed with his play.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • Hugely disappointed compared to my initial expectations.

Votes: 9 5.0%

• Total voters

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
Knies needs to be put with guys who knows how to play. Playing him with Holmberg, pretty much a rookie and Calle won't help. Playing him with MM and JT won't help b/c JT is not vocal.
Knies played his best with ROR and Acciari b/c those two were vocal on the ice.
For guys like Knies, they either play with vets who is vocal or they need to learn the lessons the hard way. Or simply just give him simple orders to let him play a simple game.
He's better than a fourth liner but his game would benefit and suit the fourth line right now. I think without McMann Dewar coming down to the third line LW makes more sense he has more speed which is needed if you're playing Jarnkrok on the third you need guys that can keep up with each other and guys that have speed to forecheck and win dump ins.

Dewar - Tavares - Jarnkrok
Knies - Kampf - Reaves

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Knies is the real deal... one of the lone bright spots during the last 5 consecutive losses for the Leafs... looks like he learned a lesson from last post-season and what it takes to elevate his game 💪 #23

Sign him to an 8 year contract before it's too late

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Knies ceiling isnt a 75 pt player who has a rat type element to his game as well.

Hagel is only 25 so have 4-5 prime years. He would have been 22/23 at the time of a trade. Would have been a piece to add for 7-8 years to the team which is basically our contention era left in 2022

Hagel also makes $6.5 million, so we would have probably lost him via Dubaseconomics or not been able to do something else. There's no right answer here.

Reactions: hamzarocks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad