How are the Oilers this bad with mcdavid?

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
I think the oilers are in trouble cause of their gm. Hey traded away secondary scoring, burdened them with terrible contracts and made them a slow team and that’s saying something when you have McDavid.

I don’t know how they fix the problem but I think they need a new gm to do it.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Seek validation? We're in a playoff spot and your 6 points from last in the NHL... that's all the validation needed.
Yea and you were just licking at the lips to quote me and not even f***ing know what I was talking about.
When did I say "seek validation for blind Oiler hate"?

Learn to read.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The GM misjudged the direction of the NHL. Speed and skill over size and toughness. He signed lucrative deals to middling players (Russell, Lucic) and stripped the team of all goal-scoring wingers while banking on unknowns to replace Hall/Eberle's scoring. The goaltending has not been ideal, likely overplayed. When the backup struggled a solution was not brought in until it was too late. Chiarelli has overpaid almost every single player on the team without bringing in depth and instead relying on two young centers to carry this corpse of a team to the promised land.

Seek validation? We're in a playoff spot and your 6 points from last in the NHL... that's all the validation needed.
Which makes the fact you can't beat us even more hilarious.

Reactions: dukeofjive

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
i think if they clear house in management and coaching they can turn the ship around. Having players like McDavid and drai with the right management can be a quick turn around

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Shut the hell up. Your agenda is clear as day.
Stop trying to put any sort of blame on a 21 year old tied for 4th in scoring.
He does exactly what he is paid for.
How dare you think it's a cop out when he's outscoring the 2nd player on the team by 16 pts and the 3rd highest player by 35 pts.

Get that bull**** out of here.
The captain has to shoulder some responsibility. Leadership is not only about scoring.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
The captain has to shoulder some responsibility. Leadership is not only about scoring.
Sure he can say that he sucks, the team sucks and what else? Play goalie and hog the puck the entire game so the other doofuses on the team don't f*** it up?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
It seems the players have already checked out
When team wins its because of McDavid, when team is losing, its because of his teammates.

Good point. McDavid tonight looked very interested. He wasn't tuned in. Drai looked completely out of place, he looked anything but a star

It's time Oilers fans and organization starts holding their key players accountable

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Trading away high picks and good players for nothing/cap dumps in return is not a good strategy. Chiarelli is terrible, he’s actively making Edmonton worse.

Strome, Larsson*, Reinhart or Eberle, Barzal, Hall*?
And then you have the Lucic contract.

*To some extent I understand that trade, they were not negotiating from a position of strength. Buy I believe patience would have payed off.

If you look at all the moves Chia has made it’s a complete mess. Really hard to follow the logic behind the moves.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Lack of depth, bad players, questionable coaching, bad goaltending, brutal GM, etc

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
It's a team game and outside of McDavid (and Drai) the rest of that roster is pretty bad.

Their best wingers are Maroon and Lucic (who has a lot of miles on him). Top to bottom this roster is poorly constructed.

Reactions: Coffey

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Chia, doing his thing.

It'd be funny to look back at threads when he got hired and seeing how Oilers fans thought us Bruins fan were just bitter... nah he's truly awful. Like god awful.

Reactions: Peanut

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What do you honestly do at this point?

Fire Todd?
Scorched earth with the roster?
Send Chia back in time to fight the dinosaurs?
At times you need to fire the coach, not because he is a bad coach. But players may have tuned him out. Or to kickstart a culture change. Seems to me this would have been the move had the Oilers tried it. It may have given them a spurt, but now it seems too late for this. Best to regroup for next season.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
The GM misjudged the direction of the NHL. Speed and skill over size and toughness. He signed lucrative deals to middling players (Russell, Lucic) and stripped the team of all goal-scoring wingers while banking on unknowns to replace Hall/Eberle's scoring. The goaltending has not been ideal, likely overplayed. When the backup struggled a solution was not brought in until it was too late. Chiarelli has overpaid almost every single player on the team without bringing in depth and instead relying on two young centers to carry this corpse of a team to the promised land.

Which makes the fact you can't beat us even more hilarious.
Which size and toughness? Boston has size and overall toughness and they are doing great. Oilers have Lucic, Maroon and Kassian. They are tough but hardly the problem. Kassian is a great bottom 6 forward and Maroon can handle himself well in any line as a go to the net guy with 30 goal potential.

Its not like the fast guys like Cammalleri are doing any better. Bad D and goalie would be the main problems and having Nugent Hopkins injured doesn't help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad