How about this to start up NHL again? Intersting thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
It's a scary thought of what could happen to the NHL. I think to really shake things up, it would be interesting to see a fantasy draft. Every player is off their respective team, and are thrown into a draft order. The draft order will be decided by a lottery, but each team will get to keep whichever three players to so choose. That'd be from keeping teams losing their most popular players. Then, each team picks another player, and so on, until the talent pool is gathered up. I think that'd be an interesting idea to get the NHL going again when they do decide to put their differences aside and, THINK ABOUT THE FANS AGAIN!!!!

velimiiro

Hi, i didnt bother reading your thread because im too lazy, however i have this to say...

Life is too short to NOT have hockey for 1 season.

chriss_co

Mar 6, 2004
CALGARY
Bruins4Ever said:
It's a scary thought of what could happen to the NHL. I think to really shake things up, it would be interesting to see a fantasy draft. Every player is off their respective team, and are thrown into a draft order. The draft order will be decided by a lottery, but each team will get to keep whichever three players to so choose. That'd be from keeping teams losing their most popular players. Then, each team picks another player, and so on, until the talent pool is gathered up. I think that'd be an interesting idea to get the NHL going again when they do decide to put their differences aside and, THINK ABOUT THE FANS AGAIN!!!!

First of all, I'm pretty certain that all contracts with players currently are guaranteed... which, means you can't just throw everyone's players into a draft and draft them

Second, teams more or less have pretty full rosters.. there is no need to do this to get the NHL going.. all we need is a CBA to get it going

Impossibles

May 14, 2003
Langley, BC
Visit site
chriss_co said:
First of all, I'm pretty certain that all contracts with players currently are guaranteed... which, means you can't just throw everyone's players into a draft and draft them

Second, teams more or less have pretty full rosters.. there is no need to do this to get the NHL going.. all we need is a CBA to get it going

He means if the union is broken up next year. Very likely to happend if this season is scrapped. (the league can make a final offer to the PA, and if they don't accept, the league can break it's agreement with the PA and start hiring players. At which time some players will jump ship on the union, and the union will have to accept the final offer or dissolve)

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
I think it'd be interesting to see a Fantasy Draft. The players will keep a generally similar contract that they already have. I think it'd shake things up a lot. Imagine seeing Rob Blake and Zdeno Chara on a line, or Kovalchuk, Naslund, and Bertuzzi, or Thornton, Heatley, and Samsonov, or Brodeur and Esche as a goalie team. I think that'd be a very interesting thing the NHL could consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad