How About [Player Name]

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
How about Zucker, Dumba, Duclair, OEL, Cousins, Garland, Shenn and Strome all of whom played today.
I have no issue with any of them really. Dumba and Zucker. We knew they were trade pieces. Duclair has bounced around everywhere. OEL I really liked but he did need a change, just for him personally. Cousins is odd. Idk why Tocc always put him on the PP. Garland got Guenther, that's fine. Schenn was AHL fodder for a while so I'm happy he's still hustling.

Howling Overseas

Dec 9, 2023
How about Kelly Buckburger ( likely misspelled)

B.J. Crombeen,..

How about Tony DeAngelo?

Martin Erat
A number of quality posts

How about Tobi Rieder
I remember how sickening it was when the Oilers GM (I believe) mocked him for not scoring a single goal. Burying his career and his dignity with it.

Edit: It was the CEO. Reading it again, signaling Tobias out as the reason Edmonton didn't qualify to the playoffs that year (on a team with McDavid and Draisaitl!)... it was bad. I believe the CEO apologized later, but the damage was done.

Also, Tobi did play two seasons after that, so his career wasn't buried by this.
My bad

Last edited:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I remember how sickening it was when the Oilers GM (I believe) mocked Tobias Rieder for not scoring a single goal. Burying his career and his dignity with it.

Edit: It was the CEO. Reading it again, signaling Tobias out as the reason Edmonton didn't qualify to the playoffs that year (on a team with McDavid and Draisaitl!)... it was bad. I believe the CEO apologized later, but the damage was done.

Also, Tobi did play two seasons after that, so his career wasn't buried by this.
My bad
I like the series of updates and revisions in this post.

Speaking of speedy wingers who disappointed in EDM after disappointing in ARZ ... how about Brendan Perlini?

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
How about Mike Ricci

Owen Nolan

Alex Tanguay

Steve Sullivan

+1 Respect for admitting he didn't have it anymore and just retiring instead of coasting through the year, banking another $5m in exchange for 12 goals and being a health bomb half the season.

Speaking of free agent signings who didn't even make it to November ...

How about Alex Galchenyuk?
That was the perfect example of the lockout screwing us over.. regarding Brett Hull , Peter Nedved etc..

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Steve Sullivan
Played his 1,000th NHL game here during the 12-13 lockout shortened season. It was his first year in PHX and one of my first games as a Coyotes fan, and during the ceremony, I got a distinct, "who is this guy again?" vibe from the crowd. Traded to NJD a week later for a 2014 7th, which Maloney turned into Jared Fiegl, who never signed with us and whose hockey career peaked with 16 games in the Coast.

Speaking of solid veterans with long careers who people probably don't remember played here ... how about Sam Gagner?

Last edited:

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Thanks for saving this one for me!

How about Michael Kesselring?

20231228_095936.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad