How About [Player Name]

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
How about Trevor Letowski
When I saw your how about....I had this faded memory that I used to call him Trevor who couldn't afford the 'r' in his name. Obviously he does have an r in his name so that doesn't make any sense.....

I had to Google to figure out who I was thinking of....there is a former Coyote who couldn't afford the 'r' in his name.....curious if that clue helps anyone think of who it is

Reactions: Howling Overseas

Howling Overseas

Dec 9, 2023
How about... the Coyote fans?

When I'm reading through the names here, I realize how long our journey with the team had been. Some names evoke emotion, others are pulling a long-forgotten Yote from the shelf.

But it was fun tossing names around. Because we remembered. Because we loved this team.

I loved it for all its quirks and ordeals. Sure, I wish we could have drafted a superstar. But when the Yotes were competitive, we felt like we've earned every bit of it. When hard times washed over those islets of success, we stomached it. Those who didn't aren't around to ask "how about Mika Alatalo?"

And you know what? We didn't have McDavid. But we had Shane Doan. Those who said "never meet your heroes" were right; they also didn't have the right hero.

I'll likely follow the team. I'm not from Arizona; as my handle suggests, I'm not even in North America. The loss many of you feel will be more physical. But the move out of AZ is a loss for me. Part of the pull for me was hockey, persistent and unyielding, in the desert. It reflected how I love this game in a hot country in which hockey is still a curiosity. I'll miss that feeling, that echo of my own experience.

I wish I had participated in this board more and earlier. Thank you so much for being creating this fan base, one anyone can walk into, tip one's hat in welcome, and join the howl.

Coyotes forever!

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
How about... the Coyote fans?

When I'm reading through the names here, I realize how long our journey with the team had been. Some names evoke emotion, others are pulling a long-forgotten Yote from the shelf.

But it was fun tossing names around. Because we remembered. Because we loved this team.

I loved it for all its quirks and ordeals. Sure, I wish we could have drafted a superstar. But when the Yotes were competitive, we felt like we've earned every bit of it. When hard times washed over those islets of success, we stomached it. Those who didn't aren't around to ask "how about Mika Alatalo?"

And you know what? We didn't have McDavid. But we had Shane Doan. Those who said "never meet your heroes" were right; they also didn't have the right hero.

I'll likely follow the team. I'm not from Arizona; as my handle suggests, I'm not even in North America. The loss many of you feel will be more physical. But the move out of AZ is a loss for me. Part of the pull for me was hockey, persistent and unyielding, in the desert. It reflected how I love this game in a hot country in which hockey is still a curiosity. I'll miss that feeling, that echo of my own experience.

I wish I had participated in this board more and earlier. Thank you so much for being creating this fan base, one anyone can walk into, tip one's hat in welcome, and join the howl.

Coyotes forever!
How many fans in Edmonton can say they got treated by McDavid, or Gretzky even like people in AZ got treated by Shane Doan?

I am not saying there isn’t.. but it would be few I would think.. and more around charities. Doan treats perfect strangers like a friend he hasn’t seen in a while

BAdvocate

Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
When I saw your how about....I had this faded memory that I used to call him Trevor who couldn't afford the 'r' in his name. Obviously he does have an r in his name so that doesn't make any sense.....

I had to Google to figure out who I was thinking of....there is a former Coyote who couldn't afford the 'r' in his name.....curious if that clue helps anyone think of who it is
MMMBop

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
How about Dylan Guenther…
Played (roughly) 20 games less then Bedard a phenom who is known for his goal scoring and came within 4

How about Oleg Saprykin?

How about Mike Johnson

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

BAdvocate

Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Screenshot_20240419_072435_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240419_072308_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240419_072349_Google.jpg

What about ____ "I forgot the r" ____

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
How about that handsome bastard David Rundblad?

When I arrived, I was promised that he would be the next big thing.

I maintain he got screwed by Tippett, same as Boedker. IIRC him not being allowed to play basically at all became a sore spot for the veterans. If you were trying to establish a young player, you'd do the opposite of what happened to Rundblad.

There are only a couple guys each draft that can ignore their environment and go on to success. The rest need help and setbacks can be permanent.

Part of what makes Guenther and Doan so exciting is that they are firmly on track to reach their top potential. So yeah it's a bummer the team is moving but you've got a bunch of young forwards that are not just a bucket of hope. BA and Tourigny have done a great job.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
What about Craig Cunningham?
What a story. Nearly died on the ice for Tucson, had part of his leg amputated. Worked for the Coyotes for a while as a scout, doing it now for the Knights. Heroic medical intervention saved his life, and I'm glad he's found a continuing role in the hockey community.

Speaking of scrappy forwards from the mid-2010's ... how about Jordan Szwarz?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad