Houston HF'ers!

robmneilson

Aug 27, 2009
www.robmneilson.com
I'm going to be moving from NYC to Katy Texas the last week of September. If anyone on here plays in the Houston area, I would appreciate some info about the rec leagues in the area.

I'm going to need at least two nights of playing hockey, to ensure that I do not go totally insane. If anyone has a team that needs players, or can point me in the right direction I would owe you a beer!

I'm going to hopefully play at Sugarland primarily since its the closest rink.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
Might wanna try posting something on the Stars board. I know some of the people over there play or have a history in Houston, but I don't know how many of them look at this board.

MsConduct10

Aug 5, 2010
msconduct10.blogspot.com
Hey there,
Welcome to Houston! Hopefully the weather will be turned down from BOIL to SIMMER by the time you get here.

I play hockey (goal), mostly at Sugar Land, so maybe I can point you in the right direction. But first, I need to know what level you play. I suck, so I play pretty low levels, but I know plenty who play higher levels that I can connect you with if you're a hot shot.

Also, regardless of your actual skill level, what level are you okay playing at? I play some drop-ins that have a good range of skill levels, but the better players do have to be willing to let up and pass to the newbies and whatnot. Some guys just don't like doing that.

I don't use HF much (someone forwarded me the link), so if you want to just email me at msconduct10 via gmail, that'll probably get a faster response.

Ms.C

robmneilson

Aug 27, 2009
www.robmneilson.com
Hey there,
Welcome to Houston! Hopefully the weather will be turned down from BOIL to SIMMER by the time you get here.

I play hockey (goal), mostly at Sugar Land, so maybe I can point you in the right direction. But first, I need to know what level you play. I suck, so I play pretty low levels, but I know plenty who play higher levels that I can connect you with if you're a hot shot.

Also, regardless of your actual skill level, what level are you okay playing at? I play some drop-ins that have a good range of skill levels, but the better players do have to be willing to let up and pass to the newbies and whatnot. Some guys just don't like doing that.

I don't use HF much (someone forwarded me the link), so if you want to just email me at msconduct10 via gmail, that'll probably get a faster response.

Ms.C

Thanks so much for both of your responses!

I just started playing ice about 3 years ago, after playing lots of roller in high school, and then taking a decade off from playing. I'm def a rec/beer leaguer and in NYC I play in the division above the very bottom. I'll give you an email this week, and see if we can find me a place to play! Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad