TV: House of the Dragon (HBO) - Season 2 - Summer 2024

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Why is there a Green trailer? Are there people who actually unironically support the Greens? Ser Criston, Otto, Aemond, Aegon not to mention the self-righteous Alicent all always one-upping each other in how much of insufferable jerks they are.
Right. I didn’t know it was seriously a choice for some. The greens are the clear villains here. Unless you’re oblivious to their wrong doings or overly and irrationally sympathetic to them.
I always found it hard to believe that anyone was on team Lannister during Game of Thrones but at least they had Tyrion.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I always found it hard to believe that anyone was on team Lannister during Game of Thrones but at least they had Tyrion.
They also had Jaime, who was on a redemption arc, at least until the last few episodes. You might also count The Hound. Those three were, eventually, three of the most sympathetic characters on the show, even though (or because) they were associated with the most evil house. I found myself more invested in their character arcs and wanting them to have positive resolutions than I was in the fates of even Jon and Daenerys.

Reactions: Jovavic

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Why is there a Green trailer? Are there people who actually unironically support the Greens? Ser Criston, Otto, Aemond, Aegon not to mention the self-righteous Alicent all always one-upping each other in how much of insufferable jerks they are.

Maybe they think it will be the end of the Targ line

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
They also had Jaime, who was on a redemption arc, at least until the last few episodes. You might also count The Hound. Those three were, eventually, three of the most sympathetic characters on the show, even though (or because) they were associated with the most evil house. I found myself more invested in their character arcs and wanting them to have positive resolutions than I was in the fates of even Jon and Daenerys.
I did like Jaime eventually but by the time he started that redemption arc I already despised the Lannisters and he was one of the main reasons for that. I don't count The Hound as a Lannister myself, even the few seasons that he worked for them he still hated them and was more sympathetic towards Sansa. Then his storyline with Arya made me view him as more on Team Stark if any team. They definitely were three of the most sympathetic characters on the show though.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Have you read the book?

If not, I'll guess you'll just have to wait and watch future decisions unfold.

I have, Greens are still overall worse. Also remember that in universe the book is written by maesters and Westerosi insiders and 2 of the 3 sources are clearly biased against Rhaenyra and were pro-Hightower.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Otto Hightower is a manipulative punk who only cares about his family's ascendancy. He used his teenage daughter to manipulate the King into giving his family ultimate power. Can't be on that side.

We know the fates for most of these characters anyway. Looking forward to the chaos and cool dragon fights. Still don't think this show comes close to the original series but as far as spinoffs go it's well done and entertaining.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I have, Greens are still overall worse. Also remember that in universe the book is written by maesters and Westerosi insiders and 2 of the 3 sources are clearly biased against Rhaenyra and were pro-Hightower.
Both sides are horrid, squashing the small-folk and draining them for every penny they have.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Spoiled in the sense that he says what's in the history book but the show has shown that account in the history book isn't entirely accurate, and as far as I know, the show is about what actually happened and not just a retelling of the history book.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Spoiled in the sense that he says what's in the history book but the show has shown that account in the history book isn't entirely accurate, and as far as I know, the show is about what actually happened and not just a retelling of the history book.
That episode was also over 10 years ago. I can't remember anything that Joffrey said about the Targaryen history and I'm sure many others are the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad