Hotels used by teams in each city

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I've seen teams stay at a few different hotels in Sarnia. The Quality Inn seems to be the one that get's used the most.

OHL Prophet

Nov 17, 2021
Nothing more convenient than The Best Western Inn on the Bay in Owen Sound. Shares a parking lot with the rink and a two minute walk for the players to get to rink.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
I seldom see other team buses in Erie. If I were to guess, with the OHL footing the bill, one would think they’d stay at a nicer hotel such as 1 of 3 on Lake Erie?

If I were to recommend a hotel to stay at for any fans who would like to travel here, it would be on the lake or on a large shopping district in center of surrounding municipalities.

I can tell you they’re probably not staying at the $50 USD run down Red Roof Inn on a busy intersection in the middle of town that should’ve been demolished.

DCruickshank

Jan 8, 2022
I seldom see other team buses in Erie. If I were to guess, with the OHL footing the bill, one would think they’d stay at a nicer hotel such as 1 of 3 on Lake Erie?

If I were to recommend a hotel to stay at for any fans who would like to travel here, it would be on the lake or on a large shopping district in center of surrounding municipalities.

I can tell you they’re probably not staying at the $50 USD run down Red Roof Inn on a busy intersection in the middle of town that should’ve been demolished.
OHL footing the bill?? I think you are sadly mistaken there...

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
What hotel does the visiting team use in your city when staying overnight?
I'm confused in where you're going with this?

Are you asking for curiosity? Planning on doing a trips?

Lots of the time it's wherever they can get the best deal. As there are many motel/hotels in each city. A lot of the time it's the same motel/hotel usually within close proximity of the home city arena. But that's not always the case depending on availability.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
The poster was asking a simple question. This isn’t top secret knowledge. These team buses are extremely easy to spot at local hotels. Relax.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Just check out the players’ Instagram/ Facebook/Twitter /Snapchat

They post everything there

thenumbersguy

Feb 14, 2010
For those wondering why I asked the question, I recently went out west and when I was in Victoria, the visiting team stayed in a rather expensive hotel. Junior leagues are always crying about travel costs so I thought it was contradictory especially in the WHL.

So I was curious, there was no stalking or any other creepy reason for the question.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
For those wondering why I asked the question, I recently went out west and when I was in Victoria, the visiting team stayed in a rather expensive hotel. Junior leagues are always crying about travel costs so I thought it was contradictory especially in the WHL.

So I was curious, there was no stalking or any other creepy reason for the question.
I was mostly just messing with ya but I did laugh as that was my first thought. I know the Greyhounds and Spitfires were staying dtwn in Flint at a somewhat expensive place but I also know they were getting cut a pretty sizable discount for booking so many rooms and reserving some conference rooms and what not, plus the hotel has a restaurant the kids/staff use so it was advantageous for both parties.

Reactions: three dog night

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I was mostly just messing with ya but I did laugh as that was my first thought. I know the Greyhounds and Spitfires were staying dtwn in Flint at a somewhat expensive place but I also know they were getting cut a pretty sizable discount for booking so many rooms and reserving some conference rooms and what not, plus the hotel has a restaurant the kids/staff use so it was advantageous for both parties.
Spits only did this during the playoffs and with COVID/border issues it was easier to stay and avoid the border. Normally they would just return home after games.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Years ago, when Kilrea was running the 67’s, on western swings they’d often use a neutral city as a home base all weekend and travel from there to games.

Say, stay in Cambridge and play games in, for example, Kitchener, Owen Sound then Guelph Friday through Sunday.

Makes sense not having to check in and check out repeatedly.

Reactions: Roadhog

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
Years ago, when Kilrea was running the 67’s, on western swings they’d often use a neutral city as a home base all weekend and travel from there to games.

Say, stay in Cambridge and play games in, for example, Kitchener, Owen Sound then Guelph Friday through Sunday.

I can the Spirit doing something similar next week when they have a 3in3 with Niagara, Erie and Hamilton. I could see them staying in Niagara on Wednesday night and after the game on Thursday. Driving to Erie on Friday and then back to Niagara after the game and then drive to Hamilton for the game and then head home.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019

I believe the Attack do that as well on longer trips.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I can the Spirit doing something similar next week when they have a 3in3 with Niagara, Erie and Hamilton. I could see them staying in Niagara on Wednesday night and after the game on Thursday. Driving to Erie on Friday and then back to Niagara after the game and then drive to Hamilton for the game and then head hom

I remember Sarnia doing something similar over a 3 in 3. Had Niagara Friday, Erie Saturday and Hamilton Sunday. They stayed in Niagara Friday and Saturday nights and travelled back to Sarnia after that game Sunday. I'd imagine they save quite a bit of money on a 2 night rate compared to 1 night at two separate hotels.

Reactions: three dog night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad