Red Sox/MLB Hot Stove Part III: PLAY BALL - Opening Day is April 7th at Yankee Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Who is he?

Bill Speros aka Obnoxious Boston Fan on Twitter.

Dumb article. I don't mind his antics on twitter. But I rarely go on there. However, this article was a dumb take. Go incognito if you wanna read it rather than giving it clicks it doesn't deserve.

Reactions: CDJ

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Who is he?
Bill Speros is a former sports editor at a few newspapers around the country and won the Pulitzer in 2000 as part of the team covering the Columbine school shooting while at the Denver Post. He writes a column for the Boston Herald, but also works for the Tampa Times.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I look at the picture of “The Henry’s” at the top of that article and all I can think about is a young Linda, maybe in High School, maybe middle school, sitting in her room day dreaming about the day when an awkward, pasty white, nerd who is 29 years older than her would sweep her off her feet.

Makes me truly believe in the power of love.

(But more so greed)

LMAO! This has me rolling.

Reactions: sarge88

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah, so once again one side is willing to make concessions and actually negotiate in good faith and the other isn’t. This is further proof

The players were even the ones who brought pace of play to the table….so much for that argument lol

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yeah, so once again one side is willing to make concessions and actually negotiate in good faith and the other isn’t. This is further proof

The players were even the ones who brought pace of play to the table….so much for that argument lol

Players are spoiled babies who need to get their asses on the field so I can enjoy baseball, Goddamnit.

They’re not bending over enough! Touch those toys, boys.

Reactions: CDJ

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Genuinely stunned the players made an offer that good.

It's clear the owners have no intention of ending this anytime soon if they're saying that's a bad offer.
They just don’t want to play first month once they know the cash cow of 6 weeks of Spring Training scratched

I believe after 22 games they have to start paying back TV money and the small markets who are holding the league hostage won’t want to lose that

It seems like they could resolve this in a half hour

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It won’t happen but I’d fully support the players cutting off all negotiations until July at this point simply to fly an arrow over the owners heads

The owners are showing that the players must be willing to be a kamikaze in these talks to get any sort of concessions made. Because the owners are not gonna budge over the first couple series of the season, the poverty franchises PREFER those to be missed

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Genuinely looking forward to how this one gets both-sides'd.

Pepperidge Farm remembers when I was told it was the players fault for not wanting to do anything about the pace of play

I dare somebody to both sides this. They never had an argument to begin with- only poopy diapers about players making more money than them- and now the only “example” any of them gave has been proven demonstrably false. They may think I’m being an arrogant but at the end of the day I wouldn’t have said anything if they had decided to comment on an issue they actually knew a single thing about.

It’s pretty easy for me to speak confidently on this matter because it’s black and white

Last edited:
Reactions: Dreghorn2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad