Post-Game Talk: Hot Garbage, Leafs Lose 3-2 In OT

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Rielly knows you're supposed to go down to block the pass before it lands on the shooter's stick right? Does he know something about causality and the general flow of spacetime that we don't?

Rielly has really turned into a 3rd pairing Dman as of late..WTF !!!!!! has happened to this kid... oh well, at least we got a point, better than nothing..

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Could be the start of another losing streak here. Hopefully not, but we're doing a lot of the litte things poorly, dating back to the 6-5 Ottawa win. The defense are throwing grenades up the ice. Secondary scoring isn't really there consistantly from the bottom six and more desperate teams are out competing the Leafs right now.

Special teams are an abomination that no Leaf fan could possibly defend. You'll never win a Cup with those two units.

Happy to get a point we didn't deserve. We'll need much, much everything vs the Jets.

Mar 26, 2010
This Leafs team is going no where!!!

They will be out in the first round.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
4 minute powerplay and Calgary had better scoring chances on it than Toronto did, had as many shots too on it.

Special teams wins games, this was proven once again as Toronto was outplayed and outclassed by a pretty awful Calgary team.

Not much else to say other than they played like ass for 90% of the game.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Eventually our lack of PP goals are going to bite us. Today it did. 4 minutes straight and dud.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Can’t wait for the 44 apologists.

It's 3 on 3 so you take it with a grain of salt, but when you put together what kind of week Rielly had, he was on his own program there. But so was Marner and so was Matthews.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
At least if they pull this garbage and lose to Mtl in the playoffs Keefe and Thornton will be gone forever.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
I’m so f***ing annoyed with how often Rielly goes for a public skate and I’m so f***ing annoyed how a powerplay can go 1 for their last 38 and STILL nothing changes and I’m f***ing annoyed that Thornton and Simmonds get rewarded ice-time for being liabilities on the ice.

Christ.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
This team has so far to go to be considered a cup contender. Zero % chance we even win the north playing like we did in those last 2 games, zero.

Rittich looked good, I feel a million times better with him in there over Hutch.

Most of that game was just lazy hockey, people trying to make plays in the defensive zone when standing still, that is a losers game.

PP might be the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. No one seems willing to simplify. Watching all the other PPs around the league where they have a low bumper option, clearly we're not that advanced.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
At least we got a point.

Big Save Dave isn't a huge upgrade on Hutch but he's enough of one, nice first game.

Jumbo looked OK in limited minutes, no reason to play him more than 14-15 minutes.

Nicky hungry, bordering on overzealous but I like that.

Not a good game for the D. Muzzin was clumsy as hell, the Flames know Brodie so know how to play him and Dermott has the tools but not the toolbox.

Mo was the best D tonight, nice play on the first goal.

Mitch and Matthews elite until OT - shooty Mitch...But has JT returned to the coliseum? JT has been fantastic for about five games now.

People ride Willy and I sometimes agree, but he's a top six forward on any team (1st line on many) who's sitting out. He adds significantly to other team's worries.

Stop giving teams the time to clog the zone with the skate to center-drop pass to Rielly/Matthews routine and skate the puck in with speed on the PP.

Markstrom played a very good game.

Gaudreau was invisible until his sweet OT winner. Elias Lindholm was their best forward and has been in a few of our games.

Monahan is bleh, he's 27 this year and was one of the league's better young centers a few years ago, what happened?

Milan Lucic 1000 games...I don't know. He looked great in the 1st and then was a non factor, tired, old.

Last edited:

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Leafs played 2 teams who decided to clog up the neutral zone and then crash back to their net and it stopped any ability the Leafs had to generate offense.

That last 2 mins of the 3rd was pathetic. Simmons throwing stupid passes, Kerfoot easy out but tries to be cute.

#44 has sunk our PP he is terrible and teams know he can't shoot. Oh yeah we have a career PK guy running our PP. Change it up put the puck down low and turn the PK guys backs to the high slot and watch it turn around. Teams know they can take away the cross seam pass cause #44 can't shoot

This is a playoff hockey style game and the Leafs came up short again. Other team plays a trap and low event hockey and the Leafs can't beat it.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad