Horvat vs Toews

Horvat vs Toews

• Total voters

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'm not sure how you could even argue in favour of Horvat. Toews is the better, more accomplished player.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I'd argue Horvat is underrated.

Yeah he is already better than Toews and Monahan...next poll should be against Matthews and Mackinnon.

All without having to put up any good numbers or winning any games

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
Yeah he is already better than Toews and Monahan...next poll should be against Matthews and Mackinnon.

All without having to put up any good numbers or winning any games
No, I don't think anyone will put him up against Matthews or Mackinnon, also his numbers are pretty decent, maybe a quick db search would help?

keep trying tho

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
this is toews for another couple years. If Horvat's accomplishments resemble toews', in terms of just hardware, by the end of his career I'd be ecstatic.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Toews' worst scoring year (last year) is equivalent to Horvat's best scoring year. Toews has more points in the same number of games this year. Horvat is definitely a good player, quite possibly underrated, but this is still Toews for me. Not by a huge margin, but still distinct.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
No, I don't think anyone will put him up against Matthews or Mackinnon, also his numbers are pretty decent, maybe a quick db search would help?

keep trying tho

Decent yes, good to compare with some of the top centers in the league no....whatever keep trying these polls. I understand he is not winning too many games so this is a good way to feel good.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
Decent yes, good to compare with some of the top centers in the league no....whatever keep trying these polls. I understand he is not winning too many games so this is a good way to feel good.
You said he didn't have any good numbers... Can we stick to one side here? What's it gonna be?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
If we are removing contracts as the poll says, there really isn't an argument for Horvat. That's not a shot against him, but Toews is better across the board.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
You said he didn't have any good numbers... Can we stick to one side here? What's it gonna be?
His numbers are not good . 50pts forward is not special.

Not good enough to compare with the top centers in the league

Now if you want to compare him to the bottom 6 then they are great.

That is what I meant, get it?

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah, okay no, it's Toews. Horvat's a good player but it's a reach he's as good in anything as Toews is. He is still young and can improve his game, but it's unlikely he'll become as good as Toews.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
His numbers are not good . 50pts forward is not special.

Not good enough to compare with the top centers in the league

Now if you want to compare him to the bottom 6 then they are great.

That is what I meant, get it?
No because he has 1C/2C numbers this year. Keep trying tho

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Still Toews. Though the gap seems to be closing and at some point soon, it's gonna flip.

Of course, if we throw contracts into the equation, it's no contest. But purely as players on the ice...i'd still take Toews on my team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad