Friedman: Horvat Talks Intensifying [Update: Jan 20, 2023 - #679]

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yikes. Love Bo and he’s been brilliant this year but there are so many statistical alarm bells going off that this is a complete outlier year in production and that he should not be paid on his goal totals through a quarter of one season that it’s not even funny.

If he gets $9+ million x 7/8 years…that’s a big no from me. Certainly cuts down the field of suspects…because not a lot of teams can afford that kind of commitment.

So which teams need a center and can afford to spend $9+ million x max years? Basically who can pay him like their #1 franchise center long term?

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Does anybody remember ROR when he was around the same age as Horvat, and how good he was not just offensive but Defensively?

Curious to see how close they are
ROR was a monster defensively and Horvat is not. And honestly ROR was better offensively too.

Horvat is probably a better goal scorer though and this isn’t to say Horvat is bad, but giving him $9 mil aav or comparing him to ROR makes him look bad.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I could see him getting a $9M dollar deal. wonder who it is and I just want it to happen sooner than later

I think they picked the wrong pony

They might’ve, but if you pay miller you are committed to them as your 1-2 punch. Never made sense to pay horvat as your #3C (Ik miller is playing lots of wing rn and horvat is the #2C, but ideally miller gets his shit together at centre for the money he makes).

Reactions: Grantham

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Is that $9 mil aav comment suggesting that there are teams that would pay him that much? I don’t really understand exactly what it’s saying

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
At the age of 27 ROR put up 77 points in 82 games, which was good for 19th among all centers

He also won the Selke and Conn Smythe that season so.....
Just looked it up, the following year tho he only had 12 goals and 61 points, I think ROR consistency was still a problem.

Trying to remember back then lol

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Frank goes on to say : ' That team considers Horvat to be a young Ryan Oreilly'

Other tidbits from the interview:

Canucks initial offer to Horvat was 8 years 5.1 mil AAV.

If this is true there's no way that said team is willing to chance it and let Horvat get to Free Agency. If a team really regards Horvat that highly then they will definitely make a pitch for a trade then offer Horvat that contract that Horvat wont be able to refuse.

Any thoughts on who that team might be? Obviously its a team in big time need of a 1 or 2 C if they are willing to pay 9mil per season.

My guess: Columbus

merge please, didnt see the other thread. thanks mods.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Ouch, I just hope it isn't my team. Someone getting burned bad overpaying Horvat is almost a dead certainty at this point, teams need to stay as far away as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad