Injury Report: Horton, Prout, Bobrovsky almost ready

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Richards will most likely put Horton on the fourth line. He does it with all returning injured players. Remember Arty last year in Nashville? He put him on the fourth line and slowly moved him up.

thebus2288*

If he's ready to play he's ready to play. Chemistry? Tell me what type of chemistry Umberger has with Foligno and Johansen. If anything Horton would be sheltered with those 2 guys able to handle the puck most of the time. You want him cycling all shift every shift in the corners with your boys DMac and Comeau? Other than getting Umberger off that 1st line I would actually like to see Horton and Anisimov together.

Any combo of Johansen, Foligno, Dubinsky, Atkinson, Anisimov and Horton should be the top 6 and their ice time should reflect that.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@smitchcd: #CBJ Nathan Horton skating on RW of line w/ C Artem Anisimov and LW Brandon Dubinsky this a.m.”

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
One more game to potentially lose due to subpar goaltending. Not saying Bob wouldnt be rusty in his first game back. I tried to not be too discouraged about 5 goals to the Pens, but I've lost ALL confidence in McBackup after the Colorado game, and I'd bet that he feels the same.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
If he's ready to play he's ready to play. Chemistry? Tell me what type of chemistry Umberger has with Foligno and Johansen. If anything Horton would be sheltered with those 2 guys able to handle the puck most of the time. You want him cycling all shift every shift in the corners with your boys DMac and Comeau? Other than getting Umberger off that 1st line I would actually like to see Horton and Anisimov together.

Any combo of Johansen, Foligno, Dubinsky, Atkinson, Anisimov and Horton should be the top 6 and their ice time should reflect that.

I agree

thebus2288*

The league is 40 games in, theres no way he's (Horton) in game shape compared to everyone else. It will take a little bit for him to get his timing back

**** Umberger wasn't in game shape all year last year. I don't mean to single you out, its been brought up a few times now regarding Horton and Bob....can somebody please explain exactly what "timing" is in ice hockey? And HOW do you get IT back? I understand maybe not being up quite to game speed, but the only way to get there is to PLAY.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Stick handling, and just doing things at top speed. Conditioning will take a while as well as you can practice those things in practice, but you cant simulate game speed in practice, especially when everyone youre playing against is already there, youre a step behind

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
OK, so Horton, Bob, and Prout are back and Calvert is close. Haven't heard, recently, about Gaborik, but I presume he'll be back after the Olympic break. So....Lineup when/if all are healthy? I'm sure it will, in part, be determined by how lines play together in the meantime, but I'll just post how I hope it goes:

Atkinson/Anisimov/ Horton
Foligno/Johansen/Gaborik
Calvert/Dubinsky/Umberger
Letestu/MacKenzie/Comeau

Skille (Jenner to Springfield - because he can)

Johnson-Tyutin
Wiznewski-Murray
Nikitin-Prout

Sevard

Bobrovsky
McIlhenny

I know that Cam usually plays on the right and, recently, poorly enough to be dropped to the fourth line, but I think he can make the switch and be effective next to Joey and Gabby. If not, then maybe try Dubi on the left next to Arty and Horton, with Atkinson reunited with Calvert on either side of Umby? There are lots of other ways to configure things, some may be better than mine, but I really do like the potential of those lines!

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
With a broken collarbone, I would not expect Gabby to be back until near the end of the season, perhaps late March.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
With a broken collarbone, I would not expect Gabby to be back until near the end of the season, perhaps late March.

Yeah I don't expect a collar bone to heal that quickly. He could be a nice late season offensive boost if we are in the hunt.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC

You could well be right, EDM. Even without him, it looks like a better roster than I'm used to for the team; but I still believe a return by Gaborik would be a major boost, even if it's not as early as I hoped.

bizzz*

OK, so Horton, Bob, and Prout are back and Calvert is close. Haven't heard, recently, about Gaborik, but I presume he'll be back after the Olympic break. So....Lineup when/if all are healthy? I'm sure it will, in part, be determined by how lines play together in the meantime, but I'll just post how I hope it goes:

Atkinson/Anisimov/ Horton
Foligno/Johansen/Gaborik
Calvert/Dubinsky/Umberger
Letestu/MacKenzie/Comeau

Skille (Jenner to Springfield - because he can)

Johnson-Tyutin
Wiznewski-Murray
Nikitin-Prout

Sevard

Bobrovsky
McIlhenny

I know that Cam usually plays on the right and, recently, poorly enough to be dropped to the fourth line, but I think he can make the switch and be effective next to Joey and Gabby. If not, then maybe try Dubi on the left next to Arty and Horton, with Atkinson reunited with Calvert on either side of Umby? There are lots of other ways to configure things, some may be better than mine, but I really do like the potential of those lines!

I'm pretty sure Skille also can be sent to the Falcons without waivers. IIRC according to the new CBA players have to clear waivers only once a year. Skille has already done it.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I'm pretty sure Skille also can be sent to the Falcons without waivers. IIRC according to the new CBA players have to clear waivers only once a year. Skille has already done it.

That will be a significant factor, then, bizzz, unless a trade is made to open up roster space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad