Proposal: Horton 4 Gabroik

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Main reason ... Horton seems to be under Cloodes wing and when push comes to shove IF we trade for a Top 6 .... IS Claude going to do the right thing and put Horton on the 3rd line ?

Maybe even the teammates reactions IF Horton goes down to the 3rd line ?

So here's my offer ... could be out in left field too :laugh:

1 Gabroik 4 Horton nd Pevs ? sounds like a lot but matches up with salaries pretty good

2 More of a question Would Horton, Caron and a pick be enough ?

Not saying we can't use Horton in the playoffs... just looking for thoughts :)

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I'm very certain Horton would love to play for an underperforming team struggling to make the playoffs, with Tortorella as his coach. It's an ideal situation! :laugh:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Can't afford Gaborik's cap hit after this season, and would have to exercise a compliance buy out. Among other issues with this proposal, it's dead in the water.

On a related note,

Dear Glen Sather,

If you're going to steal my team building model, make sure you do better than Nash, Gaborik and Richards.

-Ray Shero

BergyWho37

Jun 18, 2012
True North
I'm very certain Horton would love to play for an underperforming team struggling to make the playoffs, with Tortorella as his coach. It's an ideal situation! :laugh:

True enough but they have darn good players right ?

Kaoz*

26gp 8g 8a
30gp 9g 9a

At least there's a reason Horton is underperforming.

BergyWho37

Jun 18, 2012
True North
Can't afford Gaborik's cap hit after this season, and would have to exercise a compliance buy out. Among other issues with this proposal, it's dead in the water.

On a related note,

Dear Glen Sather,

If you're going to steal my team building model, make sure you do better than Nash, Gaborik and Richards.

-Ray Shero

IF it Horton and Peverly it actually helps the cap .. cause to resign Horton that will be another 4mil a year at least ...

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
26gp 8g 8a
30gp 9g 9a

At least there's a reason Horton is underperforming.

Embarrassing considering 3 of his 9 goals came in one game versus the Bruins. Not sure why Gaborik is struggling so much.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
IF it Horton and Peverly it actually helps the cap .. cause to resign Horton that will be another 4mil a year at least ...

Moving Horton doesn't help the cap. They don't have to re-sign him. Peverley's value comes from his versatility to play center, wing and chip in offensively. Bringing in an aging, injury prone Gaborik isn't the answer, especially @ $7.5M next year.

Horton has essentially the same numbers for you at a much lower number anyway.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Embarrassing considering 3 of his 9 goals came in one game versus the Bruins. Not sure why Gaborik is struggling so much.

Gaborik only relies on his speed and his shot. This just won't cut it anymore.
Plus, Torts' system sucks.

BergyWho37

Jun 18, 2012
True North

I see it as chemistry from the games I've watched .... Yes he's streaky but when he catches fire he is one of the best in the game !

BergyWho37

Jun 18, 2012
True North
Moving Horton doesn't help the cap. They don't have to re-sign him. Peverley's value comes from his versatility to play center, wing and chip in offensively. Bringing in an aging, injury prone Gaborik isn't the answer, especially @ $7.5M next year.

Horton has essentially the same numbers for you at a much lower number anyway.

Obvious they don't have to resign him ..... Horton is no Gabroik we need to bring someone in that thinks outside the bubble and has the speed to back it up ..... everyone gets injured but I'm sure playing with his Slovakia friend Chara, we could get him either playing through it a bit more ;)

Last edited:

BergyWho37

Jun 18, 2012
True North
You missed the point. Horton has a no trade clause. If you were Horton, would you waive your NTC to leave Boston and play on a struggling team for John Tortorella?

No you missed my point :laugh: Horton deciding factor doesn't come down to just a coach or cause a first place team last year is struggling :shakehead Great Hockey environment with darn good players that Horton would have NO trouble playing with ..... so yes I think he'd waive it to go there :nod:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
No you missed my point :laugh: Horton deciding factor doesn't come down to just a coach or cause a first place team last year is struggling :shakehead Great Hockey environment with darn good players that Horton would have NO trouble playing with ..... so yes I think he'd waive it to go there :nod:

BOSTON is a great hockey environment with darn good players. Horton won a Cup in Boston. The Bruins are one of the best teams in the NHL. He plays on a line with his best friend. His wife is best friends with his best friend's wife. He has a great coach and loves his teammates.

So, why does he waive his NTC, exactly?

BergyWho37

Jun 18, 2012
True North
BOSTON is a great hockey environment with darn good players. Horton won a Cup in Boston. The Bruins are one of the best teams in the NHL. He plays on a line with his best friend. His wife is best friends with his best friend's wife. He has a great coach and loves his teammates.

So, why does he waive his NTC, exactly?

I'm thinking you need to relax on telling everyone that this guy and that guy has either a NTC or NMC .

They still get traded ... more so now cause there all over the place :nod:

You talk like they have BOLT shut NTC/M Crosby contract all the time ...:shakehead

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I'm thinking you need to relax on telling everyone that this guy and that guy has either a NTC or NMC .

They still get traded ... more so now cause there all over the place :nod:

You talk like they have BOLT shut NTC/M Crosby contract all the time ...:shakehead

Use a little common sense. Guys with NTCs get traded because it gives them control over where they go. Horton had a NTC with Florida, and waived it to go to Boston. Anyone playing for a bad team will (usually) waive an NTC to go to a contender. Someone playing for a Cup contender is not going to waive his NTC to leave, unless there are extremely extenuating circumstances.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
If the deal came with an extension I could see it. HIs wife may like NYC as well for her career.. Who knows.

His wife had another child this year and I believe their oldest is in preschool. They certainly may move on this summer but I doubt he goes anywhere right now.

BergyWho37

Jun 18, 2012
True North
Use a little common sense. Guys with NTCs get traded because it gives them control over where they go. Horton had a NTC with Florida, and waived it to go to Boston. Anyone playing for a bad team will (usually) waive an NTC to go to a contender. Someone playing for a Cup contender is not going to waive his NTC to leave, unless there are extremely extenuating circumstances.

Yes and Boston was the only team right ? :sarcasm: Keep ripping NYR like people hate to go there ... I'm not sending him to the islanders ....:help:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yes and Boston was the only team right ? :sarcasm: Keep ripping NYR like people hate to go there ... I'm not sending him to the islanders ....:help:

I'm willing to beat no way Horton would go to NYC... Doesn't fit him... He would be hammered there by media any time he floated... He also doesn't strike me as one of those "look at me" players that .....

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
I'm willing to beat no way Horton would go to NYC... Doesn't fit him... He would be hammered there by media any time he floated... He also doesn't strike me as one of those "look at me" players that .....

I think Horton will be here beyond this season, I'm almost 100% sure of it. His shots will start to fall, ideally in the playoffs, and people will love him again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad