Horror movies

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
So the time has descended upon our petulant souls where we are meant to consume this genre in unhealthy doses.

Talk about how you’re getting your horror fix on this month.

I watched Silence of the Lambs for the first time last night.

Pretty much just The Joker without the make up. Was very hard to get through, took me 3 sittings and the ending was lame as hell.

Makes me wonder if my nostalgia is unwarranted and old movies and new are just the same repackaged hoke.

Today I am watching Marianne on Netflix cause some baddie on twitter suggested it.

These female dominated flicks call for such a suspension of belief. Like the discrepancy between men and women who go off the rails horror show is one of the widest gaps imaginable. Seems so counter productive to try to include women in something so garbage and universally disliked rather than trying to pull things the other way.

I mean, I get the notion that women are prone to possession, but I don’t know if I’ve even seen a single male character. The same way I can see a woman not wanting to see a flick that only features men, this is unappealing you me. Like why do you only hang with one gender lmao.

On that topic, where’s the programming featuring males who aren’t social rejects? Do those exist?

Anyways that’s my stream of consciousness thought on the media I’m consuming. How y’all feeling this Halloween season?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Good idea. I'm often the one to bump the main horror movie thread at this time every year and almost did it last night, in fact. Perhaps a mod would care to merge the two threads? I just think that it's useful to keep old discussions bumped because, then, people (me included) can read through them and get even more suggestions of movies to watch.

Movies: - Horror Movie Discussion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad