TrickRTreat_poster.jpg

Its a shame this movie got treated so poorly by studio

Sat on shelf for a few years and never got theater run

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Day of the Dead (1985) is much better then Land of the Dead

And no love for Return of the Living Dead?

As for Carpenter ,, After Prince of Darkness the quality of his films began to drop

I've never seen those two, which is appalling for me considering how much I love the genre. Maybe they will be my next Netflix order.

A few movies I enjoyed recently but I wouldn't consider great:

I really liked Quarantine, and I think I need to see [REC] now. Maybe another Netflix foray.

House on Haunted Hill remake scared me as a kid, but rewatching it, pretty terrible.

IT is always a classic. That movie gave me night terrors as a kid.

Contagion could have been a lot better. Disease/epidemic movies tend to be really scary for me because of the reality.

I liked Thirteen Ghosts because of how campy it was.

I also enjoyed The Mist.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I've never seen those two, which is appalling for me considering how much I love the genre. Maybe they will be my next Netflix order.

A few movies I enjoyed recently but I wouldn't consider great:

I really liked Quarantine, and I think I need to see [REC] now. Maybe another Netflix foray.

House on Haunted Hill remake scared me as a kid, but rewatching it, pretty terrible.

IT is always a classic. That movie gave me night terrors as a kid.

Contagion could have been a lot better. Disease/epidemic movies tend to be really scary for me because of the reality.

I liked Thirteen Ghosts because of how campy it was.

I also enjoyed The Mist.

Yeah, [REC] and [REC] 2 are two of the best horror movies out there.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
28 weeks later started off very well and wasn't a bad movie but the plot was so idiotic when it comes to restarting the outbreak

I am to believe the US military would leave a infected women all alone with no security/observation and thus her husband would just waltz in to say hello and become infected :shakehead

Would have been better to have it carried by some animal like a rat or bird and for that to start outbreak again leading military to rule that repopulation Great Britain wasn't viable because of risk

1st 10 minutes = Amazing
Setup of British Refugees returning to rebuild = Very well done
Outbreak cause = Idiotic
Outbreak action/Extermination= Entertaining

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
V/H/S was pretty good, but I think the second one was better. I liked Dark house but the 2009 film.

I need to find some good horror movies, I'm impartial to B horror movies though.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
V/H/S was pretty good, but I think the second one was better. I liked Dark house but the 2009 film.

I need to find some good horror movies, I'm impartial to B horror movies though.

Grave Encounters (also the sequel is decent)
Cabin in the Woods
Sinister
Shaun of the Dead
Rammbock
Red State (less horror, more thrillerish. It's Kevin Smith so you know what you are getting)
Dead Snow
Midnight Meat Train
Both V/H/S
Oculus
All REC films
Saw Series
30 Days of Night
Stake Land

Then the Hills Have Eyes 1 and Hostel 1 as movies that most people don't seem to like.

Just a few suggestions.

TheThrill81*

I don't think this really counts, but Unsolved Mysteries. Dat music and Robert Stack's voice sent chills down my spine. :amazed:

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
Grave Encounters (also the sequel is decent)
Cabin in the Woods
Sinister
Shaun of the Dead
Rammbock
Red State (less horror, more thrillerish. It's Kevin Smith so you know what you are getting)
Dead Snow
Midnight Meat Train
Both V/H/S
Oculus
All REC films
Saw Series
30 Days of Night
Stake Land

Then the Hills Have Eyes 1 and Hostel 1 as movies that most people don't seem to like.

Just a few suggestions.

I will have to check those out I have seen V/H/S 1 and 2, Dead Snow, and Shawn Of the Dead. I just got netflix back and have to catch up on movies. I unfortunately can't watch them online so have to do the disk thing.

I can't wait to see Grave Encounters 2, I really enjoyed the first one.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think it's just a really tough genre to make a really great movie in. There are so many movies out there that are just average-to-below average because they fall into the same horror tropes and stereotypes and it's a really tough grouping to break out of in that genre.

That being said, when they do get it right, I feel like good horror movies are almost timeless. I really am not that big of a fan of older cinema in general, but I can enjoy a good horror from almost any era, and there are a decent amount of them from almost every decade.

I find I really enjoy the movies that add humor to them and poke fun of the genre (The Evil Dead, Cabin in the Woods, You're Next, Dawn of the Dead, Drag Me to Hell, etc.), but it's tough to really classify those strictly as horror films.

Then there are the technically impressive movies like 28 Days Later or Jacob's Ladder that I didn't find scary, but that I can appreciate as great movies.

As far as (fairly) recent movies that I'd classify as horror and that I found scary, 1408 and Sinister are a couple that come to mind.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Really enjoyed Last Days on Mars. Definitely recommended for people who like sci-fi/horror and movies that focus on isolation (The Thing, Alien, etc).

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Really enjoyed Last Days on Mars. Definitely recommended for people who like sci-fi/horror and movies that focus on isolation (The Thing, Alien, etc).

I really tried to like this movie because im a big fan of Liev... Couldn't get into it.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I just watched Psycho again. Anthony Perkins is unreal in that movie. I wish I could have watched it without knowing the big twists in the middle and end, I can't imagine how much my head would have exploded.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I just watched Psycho again. Anthony Perkins is unreal in that movie. I wish I could have watched it without knowing the big twists in the middle and end, I can't imagine how much my head would have exploded.

The scene where he runs into the basement with that big smile on his face after they discover Mother's body is the most terrifying thing I've ever seen.

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
Can anybody help me find the name of this movie as I think it has changed.

So the movie as I wrote it down was called Don't Forget About Me and it is about this group of friends who go into a graveyard and do a little chant and it releases this ghost. If the ghost touches you it turns you into a ghost and makes you forget who you are.

and ofcourse I just found it

It's not too bad of a movie kind of confusing at times though.

Another movie I can recommend is a movie called Cut

Last edited:

TheThrill81*

The opening to A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 is one of the best ever for a horror film.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad