Hornqvist should have an A

OOBradm

May 10, 2013
The guy totally deserves it. He's out there every game bringing the energy, chirping the refs, and just seems to be the heart of the team. I get they may not want to strip Letang of his A for horny, but I just took a look and it seems like plenty of NHL teams have more than 2 alternates. Especially now that he signed that new contract, let's give the man an A

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
The guy totally deserves it. He's out there every game bringing the energy, chirping the refs, and just seems to be the heart of the team. I get they may not want to strip Letang of his A for horny, but I just took a look and it seems like plenty of NHL teams have more than 2 alternates. Especially now that he signed that new contract, let's give the man an A

But then it would be HArnqvist whih is weird to say.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Malkin was my favorite player since he came into the league, but he doesn't deserve an A at this point. That said I don't think he should be stripped because it can only do more harm than good.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I felt they should have given him the A when they handed it to Letang after Kunitz was buried--oh...he is still playing?

Anyway.

Tanger been around forever, so I get it.

You sure about that? It is either C A A or A A A.

Reactions: Peat

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Letang and Hornqvist are the heart of this team. Letang deserves it for his tenure.

This is one of my favourite articles about Hornqvist. It pretty much backs up what we see and why we love him. When Matt Cullen says he’s “definitely” the most intense player he’s ever played with, it means something given how long he’s been around.

Patric Hornqvist's intensity is 'on another level'

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's funny because a few years before the Pens got him, he's the guy I mentioned a lot, absolutely loved his game and his work ethic. When we got the guy for Neal, it felt f***ing surreal.

I don't care if he's a broken man putting up 30pts, I want him to play out his entire contract and retire a Penguin. That 72 better be up in the rafters when his career is done.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I love 72 to death, but at this point 87/71/58 are the correct choices. I think it's an honor that 72 makes a solid case to be an "A" but I agree with the current setup. I would say that Horny should be the first "A" when one of Sid/Geno/Letang are not in the lineup due to injury.

There are times and ways to hold players accountable to put the culture first. Stripping any of those guys to give it to Horny would not be the correct move.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I love 72 to death, but at this point 87/71/58 are the correct choices. I think it's an honor that 72 makes a solid case to be an "A" but I agree with the current setup. I would say that Horny should be the first "A" when one of Sid/Geno/Letang are not in the lineup due to injury.

There are times and ways to hold players accountable to put the culture first. Stripping any of those guys to give it to Horny would not be the correct move.
Agreed.

The big 3 get the letters because of a variety of reasons. Nothing is going to make them lose it.

Horny and Cullen are/should be the next to in line for the A if any of the big 3 are injured.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I love Hornqvist, but if 1 of the big 3 is hurt my money is on Cullen to wear the A. He's been in the league longer than most of the refs and he's pretty even tempered so he's ideal from that standpoint and you know the coaches and players love him too.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
I love Hornqvist, but if 1 of the big 3 is hurt my money is on Cullen to wear the A. He's been in the league longer than most of the refs and he's pretty even tempered so he's ideal from that standpoint and you know the coaches and players love him too.
Cullen already wore the A this season when Crosby or Letang were out. I believe Hornqvist should be the first choice, but whatever...

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'm not trying to be a dick (more than usual), but didn't we JUST have this discussion? I feel like I wanna type a response that I literally typed a week ago.

Hornqvist is a leader, with or without a letter. He doesn't need it, and I think letters are overrated.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I'm not trying to be a dick (more than usual), but didn't we JUST have this discussion? I feel like I wanna type a response that I literally typed a week ago.

Hornqvist is a leader, with or without a letter. He doesn't need it, and I think letters are overrated.

But like, I need to collect all the sweaters! I need a home and away, and ones with C/A and all the special patches.

Won't you think of me and the OCD like me???

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
black electrical tape!

200w.gif

Sir, do you expect me to buy Fanatics branded crap, too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad