NBA Hornets hiring Kenny Atkinson

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
he's a solid hire for a young team like the hornets

he didn't get enough credit for the job he did with the 18-19 nets

Reactions: Voight

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
can't blame him for not wanting to pass up a chance at another ring or two for first round exits. although he would've been the perfect coach for that hornets team

Reactions: Voight

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
MJ will take that personally.

Apparently he is taking the news pretty hard. :nod:

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.ladbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F43975242579acf1593a821b3ddba429c.jpg

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
MJ will take that personally.

In all seriousness, I think Atkinson will regret it. I hope he doesn’t get any head coaching job offers ever again.

He got a ton of praise & respect for his work with Brooklyn so I think he'll get more opportunities, especially being an assistant on that team. Luke Walton was an assistant there for 2 seasons and then got consecutive head coaching jobs.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
He got a ton of praise & respect for his work with Brooklyn so I think he'll get more opportunities, especially being an assistant on that team. Luke Walton was an assistant there for 2 seasons and then got consecutive head coaching jobs.
Walton will never get a head coaching job offer again after getting exposed as nothing but a Steve Kerr reject.

Atkinson turning down a head coaching opportunity just to remain a bus rider with Steve Kerr will turn off a lot of executives. We don’t know the real reason why he had a last-second decision to stay with the Warriors but it does like he doesn’t have enough confidence to be the leader again. After all, he did get canned by Brooklyn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad