Confirmed with Link: Horcoff named new Assistant GM and GM of the Griffins

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Wow, interesting. I was under the impression that Horcoff was doing well, but I didn't know that he was seen as a guy ready to step up into an AGM role already.

Congrats, and best of luck to him.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Seems like a reasonable move and it may have been hard to hire outside of the organization mid-season. Like others I have always enjoyed his comments about prospects and think he is a pretty sharp guy.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I'm curious as to where's Draper future with the team?

Draper is a guy that seems content with the scouting side of things. His job is safe and I don't see Yzerman letting him go so quickly.

My major concern with Verbeek moving to Anaheim is that maybe some other guys that aren't life long DRWs move with him, like Rezmierski.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I had a Mandela Effect this morning where I thought Horcoff actually played briefly for the Wings at the end of his career.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Smart guy, deserves the job. He's already been very involved in Grand Rapids, so it should be a smooth transition to being their GM.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I had a Mandela Effect this morning where I thought Horcoff actually played briefly for the Wings at the end of his career.

That’s understandable. I seem to remember there being several “Horcoff to Detroit” rumors for like the last 5 years of his career since he would train with a bunch of Wings in the off-season.

Reactions: Bench

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Didn't Horcoff push Fischer out of that job? not sure I see the Wings wanting to go back to that now.
I think Horcoff basically replaced him and we haven't heard much about Fischer since. When that change happened I think it was mentioned that Fischer wanted to get more into the management side so this would have then been his opportunity but obviously they see Horcoff as a better option.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Didn't Horcoff push Fischer out of that job? not sure I see the Wings wanting to go back to that now.
I really haven't read what Fischer's responsibilities are these days. I would tend to agree that it seems he has been pushed aside. It would seem as if the position is going to be filled internally that leaves Kronwall and Cleary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad