News Article: Hoppe: Sabres’ Carlo Colaiacovo hopes to return

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Would love to get a look at the Sabres payroll and see how many blogger types they have doing PR work for them. This guy in particular never has a bad word to say. About anyone. Or anything. Ever.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
There are going to be more options available that are upgrades. I would take Mike Weber back on a slight increase over his last contract than to welcome Cola back. He was terrible night in and out. He did stay healthy, but that was because he was in the press box most nights.

Gorges-Ristolainen
McCabe-Bogosian
Guhle-Pysyk
Nelson and Franson

That's already near locked in and that doesn't include an upgrade over Gorges to move him down. You have Franson, Nelson and Guhle to possibly factor in.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
There are going to be more options available that are upgrades. I would take Mike Weber back on a slight increase over his last contract than to welcome Cola back. He was terrible night in and out. He did stay healthy, but that was because he was in the press box most nights.

Gorges-Ristolainen
McCabe-Bogosian
Guhle-Pysyk
Nelson and Franson

That's already near locked in and that doesn't include an upgrade over Gorges to move him down. You have Franson, Nelson and Guhle to possibly factor in.

I would not be surprised nor saddened if Guhle gets 10 games then sent back for one more year. Dont start counting those chickens yet.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Would love to get a look at the Sabres payroll and see how many blogger types they have doing PR work for them. This guy in particular never has a bad word to say. About anyone. Or anything. Ever.

Besides expressly stating that the Sabres aren't serious about winning if they don't do everything in their power to re-sign McGinn? I'm sure he'll throw another tantrum if McGinn signs elsewhere for what Hoppe deems a reasonable price.

Sure he can be the 7D. Liked him ions more than Franson.

Regardless of anyone's feelings about Franson, to suggest that Carlo Colaiacovo was "ions" better than any NHL defenseman is the epitome of hyperbole. Franson at least appeared to be a competent 3rd pairing defenseman; Cola didn't look like he belonged anywhere near the NHL.

Last edited:

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Regardless of anyone's feelings about Franson, to suggest that Carlo Colaiacovo was "ions" better than any NHL defenseman is the epitome of hyperbole. Franson at least appeared to be a competent 3rd pairing defenseman; Cola didn't look like he belonged anywhere near the NHL.

Yup. I actually thought Franson played better than I was expecting when we signed him. He still wasn't good, but I expected him to be awful, which he wasn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad