News Article: Hoppe: Sabres’ Carlo Colaiacovo hopes to return

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'll just leave this here:

Sabres’ Carlo Colaiacovo hopes to return

...Still, Colaiacovo would accept a similar role here next season. He said he’s excited the Sabres are “basically on the cusp of being a regular winning organization.”

He likes ownership’s commitment and the growth he witnessed in the club from top to bottom.“To be honest with you, I want to be around to see the fruits of this growth,” Colaiacovo said. “It’s always something special for me to see the Buffalo fans deserving of a championship.”

The Sabres don’t have any AHL defensemen ready to graduate, meaning they’ll need depth next season.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah, this is one of those "oh, well, he's here already" sort of bits, especially about the Sabres not having anyone ready in Rochester. Cola being so flat (still get a kick out of that line) was a big issue in their early season issues. They can't afford to have a 5/6/7 guy who is such a turd any longer.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
honestly... if he's willing to accept a 2 way deal, and become a rochester veteran... who, in emergencies can be called up.... im ok with it.

no way should he get a 1 way deal and be on the 23 man roster all year.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
honestly... if he's willing to accept a 2 way deal, and become a rochester veteran... who, in emergencies can be called up.... im ok with it.

Ditto

The Amerks are going to get a lot of new defensemen before next season. That's the only place I see Cola fitting in the organization next season.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA

Exactly. To think that we wouldn't welcome him as a depth guy for Rochester doesn't make sense.

I certainly agree with all who want no part of him on the big club, or with a one way deal...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Take Matt Donovan's role? Sure. But a regular? Not so much.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I'll take him back on a two way contract with the majority of his time spent in Rochester.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
He doesn't need a two way contract to go to Rochester and he wont make enough on a 1 way to matter against the cap if he's down there.

I'm wondering if Murray wants 8 dmen again. If he does, Cola probably has a good chance to be #8.

Nibbler

May 24, 2011
Ambassador to Earth
gki7zai.0.gif

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

So he's not our short term solution to a first pairing partner for Risto? :sarcasm:

Honestly, I'm surprised your hate club doesn't pull that one out on you more often :laugh:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I'm fine with this.

right now its McCabe, Gorges, Risto, Bogo, Pysyk, and Franson all under contract next year.

Buffalo deals for a vet, probably signs another vet, and probably drafts a Dman in the 1st round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad