hopefully some new hope....

Discussion in 'Fugu's Business of Hockey Forum' started by islanders1940, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. islanders1940

islanders1940 Registered User

www.hockeyrumors.blogspot.com read this article....this guys is usually right and if so...this shows that the NHL may be growing a little bit weary and scared of the impact a seasons loss woulkd have on the future of the NHL...if this is true...hpefully a deal could be done but..advantage NHLPA (read the ultimatum part)

www.hockeyrumors.blogspot.com

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  2. I call BS. This guy has floated more garbage that has got the fans hopes up than anyone around. He is not reputable.

:shakehead

3. The Maltais Falcon

The Maltais Falcon Registered User

Why do people always say "this guy is usually right" about that hockeyrumors site?

Oh wait, a new user started this thread ... nevermind! That's not the least bit suspicious. (Like I should talk!)

Anyways, casting aside the uselessness of hockeyrumors.blogspot, I call BS simply because of the wording of the supposed e-mail in that article. There's no way one side would "beg" the other to do something in this dispute.

4. islanders1940

islanders1940 Registered User

ok by the way im a new user because of this websites restrictions, if you know what i mean...it is probably bs...but this guy has been right before....we might as well hope..what else do we have left to do? :dunno:

5. waffledave

waffledave waffledave, from hf

Software Developer
    I dont think he has ever once been right since I've been visiting his site.

6. Madevilz

Madevilz Registered User

Is this the old hockeyrumors.com?

7. ScottyBowman

ScottyBowman Registered User

Home Page:
    No he just titled his blog hockeyrumors. Hockeyrumors was a funny site. Those trade rumors were off the wall.

8. Brent Burns Beard

Brent Burns Beard DontTouchMyDonskoi!

well look at that, something we agree on.

if there was ANY merit to this story, it would have been picked up by TSN by now. seriously, he got the story but TSN didnt ?

ya right.

dr

9. thinkwild

thinkwild Veni Vidi Toga

It makes sense that Bettman would offer such an ultimatum now. He may not have a stronger position again for quite some time as he does right now. The players want to play. All sorts of contingency plans have no doubt been discussed. Its up to the players to decide if they want to get it over with.

Now is one of the big pressure points hence all the hardlining. They can either say bite me Bettman, or work out a deal they can live with. THey are going to get railroaded into a bad deal. For the long term good of hockey players and all major league cba's, (im sure mlbpa will be hoping they take the righteous stand as they are right) they will be better off to make this sacrifice now. It is a fight in which they are on the side of right. But that means no hockey.

The owners dont want to cancel the season either. They are flushing their businesses. The time is ripe for a compromise. We know the players want one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.