Honduran Girl Loves Ice Hockey

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
@FrHockeyFan ... Worth more than a mere Like, your patience & level-headedness displayed in this thread are to be admired. Seriously. :clap:
I'm just giving my perspective on the matter. Not really going out of my way.

But thank you. I do appreciate.

Last edited:

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
@AthleteQueen ... did you contact Women's Hockey Life? I don't know how much they can help you but it may be worth a shot.

• Love
Reactions: AthleteQueen

AthleteQueen

Aug 8, 2023
@AthleteQueen ... did you contact Women's Hockey Life? I don't know how much they can help you but it may be worth a shot.
UPDATE: Well it was worth a try… any bright ideas?

Someone once told me it’s never too late to get into ice hockey… before 2020; I contemplated suicide because I felt I was robbed of a potential good career. Then came a 14 year old and said it’s never too late… I believed his words and vowed to give it my best. But I feel like it’s been false hopes… I will go more into my backstory if you want me to. I need someone to talk to. Someone that is into ice hockey.

Thank you @FrHockeyFan for trying to help me!

Attachments

• IMG_9365.jpeg
    IMG_9365.jpeg
    354.5 KB · Views: 10

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
UPDATE: Well it was worth a try… any bright ideas?

Someone once told me it’s never too late to get into ice hockey… before 2020; I contemplated suicide because I felt I was robbed of a potential good career. Then came a 14 year old and said it’s never too late… I believed his words and vowed to give it my best. But I feel like it’s been false hopes… I will go more into my backstory if you want me to. I need someone to talk to. Someone that is into ice hockey.

Thank you @FrHockeyFan for trying to help me!
It is never too late to get into hockey but people who make a career of it are on the ice since childhood and are the 1% of the 1% . It’s not to late to have a career in hockey but not as a player and I promise you, I’ve been playing hockey since age 4 and I’m now 28, the most fun I’ve had playing hockey has been since I stopped playing competitively . Don’t give up on playing hockey just because you can’t be a pro !

AthleteQueen

Aug 8, 2023
It is never too late to get into hockey but people who make a career of it are on the ice since childhood and are the 1% of the 1% . It’s not to late to have a career in hockey but not as a player and I promise you, I’ve been playing hockey since age 4 and I’m now 28, the most fun I’ve had playing hockey has been since I stopped playing competitively . Don’t give up on playing hockey just because you can’t be a pro !
What do you do for a living?

AthleteQueen

Aug 8, 2023
I work at a flight school
I see. The reason why I insist on being pro hockey is because it’s the only thing, along with sprint running: The only things I’m good at. Mind you, I started officially ice skating in 2020, and in a mere month I was natural at it. And this was when I was in a homeless shelter in NYC; where I was limited on having hockey gear in shelter. Now that I’m housed; money is a barrier, having to pay rent, electric bill and food. Before my last ice time; I skated in June; 2 months later I return and I was able to do backwards skating and it was like I never stopped skating. I know I have talent in ice hockey as well as Athletics.

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
I see. The reason why I insist on being pro hockey is because it’s the only thing, along with sprint running: The only things I’m good at. Mind you, I started officially ice skating in 2020, and in a mere month I was natural at it. And this was when I was in a homeless shelter in NYC; where I was limited on having hockey gear in shelter. Now that I’m housed; money is a barrier, having to pay rent, electric bill and food. Before my last ice time; I skated in June; 2 months later I return and I was able to do backwards skating and it was like I never stopped skating. I know I have talent in ice hockey as well as Athletics.
You have to play organized hockey of some sort before you can become a pro. Even Connor McDavid had to play hockey for free until age 18 before he became a pro. You can’t just play pro hockey with no organized hockey experience as unfortunate as that is . Find drop in ice times in your area where you pay $10 an hour to play pick up hockey

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
also , being able to skate backwards isn’t a sign you should be playing pro hockey . My ex girlfriend played 3 years of private school hockey , 4 years of USports hockey (Canadian university hockey) and wasn’t good enough to play pro hockey and she was an elite female hockey player who played since age 4. I don’t want to hurt your feelings but someone needs to tell you this , there is a 0% chance you ever play competitive hockey at this point , let alone play professionally . I have tried to be super kind but I think you need a reality check . I played hockey my entire life and their isn’t one country on earth I could play pro hockey and I played high level minor hockey .

I’m not saying this to hurt your feeings , I just think you should know that the path to a hockey career ended while you were still in elementary school , it takes a life time of work and frankly I think you should be focusing on finding a job because you likely have a long way to go to even play in a slightly decent beer league . Hockey is a hobby not a career for basically everyone , you underestimate how good elite hockey players are . I realize I sound like a prick but you really need to accept it can’t be done

The person who said it’s never to late to start hockey wasn’t wrong , I know plenty of people who started playing hockey as an adult but the idea you think you could be a professional hockey player is delusional . If you want to make money in hockey, do a referee clinic , I have reffed hockey for years and I get to be on the ice and involved in hockey and make a little extra money .
Contact your local minor hockey association and inquire about becoming an on ice official

Last edited:

AthleteQueen

Aug 8, 2023
also , being able to skate backwards isn’t a sign you should be playing pro hockey . My ex girlfriend played 3 years of private school hockey , 4 years of USports hockey (Canadian university hockey) and wasn’t good enough to play pro hockey and she was an elite female hockey player who played since age 4. I don’t want to hurt your feelings but someone needs to tell you this , there is a 0% chance you ever play competitive hockey at this point , let alone play professionally . I have tried to be super kind but I think you need a reality check . I played hockey my entire life and their isn’t one country on earth I could play pro hockey and I played high level minor hockey .

I’m not saying this to hurt your feeings , I just think you should know that the path to a hockey career ended while you were still in elementary school , it takes a life time of work and frankly I think you should be focusing on finding a job because you likely have a long way to go to even play in a slightly decent beer league . Hockey is a hobby not a career for basically everyone , you underestimate how good elite hockey players are . I realize I sound like a prick but you really need to accept it can’t be done

The person who said it’s never to late to start hockey wasn’t wrong , I know plenty of people who started playing hockey as an adult but the idea you think you could be a professional hockey player is delusional . If you want to make money in hockey, do a referee clinic , I have reffed hockey for years and I get to be on the ice and involved in hockey and make a little extra money .
Contact your local minor hockey association and inquire about becoming an on ice official
All right I will tell you my backstory on how I got infatuated with ice hickey.

Well I was debating back in 2019 on whether or not to play ice hockey. I also was thinking on playing basketball… go back to 2018… I was trying out for basketball; along my journey I had a sleep dream that I was doing great in ice hockey. And that played a strong influence on the current me. But I also enjoy the aesthetics of ice hockey. I feel drawn to this sport. Back to 2019; I was experimenting with basketball: I came across a 14 year old that was playing in the court. I told him “you’re pretty good! Continue to play and forget academics, because academics got me messed up”. He responded with these words “ it’s never too late, you can still make it” I said how? I’m past my prime… who would want me…? And that’s where he said “Semi-Professional leagues pay”

I find it too good to be true, then I ask my dad whom I used to live with at the time, he told me that the kid was referring to minor leagues such as USBL for basketball; that pay peanuts. Then I connected the dots for possibility; if USBL exists, then USHL must exist and just like that it’s gotta be available for women as well. There has got to be a women’s USHL.

Anyway it’s too late to quit: I sold my flesh and blood to ice hockey the day I bought the full hockey equipment.

AthleteQueen

Aug 8, 2023
I’m back! I’d figure I give you an update on my endeavor for hockey. As of now I’m starting an instagram account to audition my skills to the world. Feedback is appreciated.

My instagram

One of my videos:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad