TV: Homeland - Season 7

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
There used to be a Homeland thread, but I searched and couldn't find it. If there is one, maybe a mod could just combine this with the thread.

In any event, episode 1 of season 7 is next Sunday (Feb 11).

Here is the teaser:

From stuff I've read online it seems like the season will be based mainly in the US again (like last season). I find this kind of boring, but we'll see I guess.

I didn't really enjoy last season. Hopefully this will be better.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Season 7 already?
Shit. I stopped after season 3 or 4 and totally forgot this existed. Is it worth to get back in?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I laughed hard when Carrie got ransomware'd.

If this season is going to be about Carrie falling apart and possibly O'Keefe (a really annoying character) forming a cult, then I'm going to be majorly disappointed.

Last edited:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
The season has turned out way better than I thought after the first couple of episodes (I was pretty let down).

The Dante twist wasn't what I saw coming - and last episode was pretty funny.

The Crazy Carrie stuff is tiresome - but it seems permanent.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The season has turned out way better than I thought after the first couple of episodes (I was pretty let down).

The Dante twist wasn't what I saw coming - and last episode was pretty funny.

The Crazy Carrie stuff is tiresome - but it seems permanent.

Yeah. I get it, she's good at her job but sucks in her personal life. It's becoming annoying how hard they have to ram it in every season now.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
She really has become annoying. It was a good episode but I cringe every time I see her daughter. Also why are there no guards on Dante's room? Seriously. He's a major witness to a Russian spy ring that is trying to bring down the white house and is the only person who can help the president's side.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
She really has become annoying. It was a good episode but I cringe every time I see her daughter. Also why are there no guards on Dante's room? Seriously. He's a major witness to a Russian spy ring that is trying to bring down the white house and is the only person who can help the president's side.
That was cringe worthy.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Saul hires only the best. The tech guy lasted less than a minute before he caved and sold them out.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
This season started well but it is a laughing mess now.

Exactly the opposite. It started ina somewhat confusing way but it soon became apparent that it was taking a lot from real wolrd events happening currently. As soon as they talked about spreading disinformation I knew the main villain was Russia. Although the way they paint it as an internal dispute between SVR and whatever, the hsow takes a bit of a different appraoch to real world events.

Last edited:

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Exactly the opposite. It started ina somewhat confusing way but it soon became apparent that it was taking a lot from real wolrd events happening currently. As soon as tehy talked about spreading disinformation I knew tha main villain was Russia. Although the way they paint it as an internal dispute between SVR and whatever, the hsow takes a bit of a different appraoch to real world events.

It is not about the Russia plot, which I thought was fine, but the silly way they unfolded the events in the last two episode. The Twitter Russian network shutdown was dumb, and going to Russia to extract Simone is even dumber. Not to mention, the way Keane acts, I am almost rooting for the Russian at this point. A president that stupid and paranoid deserves to be sidelined.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It is not about the Russia plot, which I thought was fine, but the silly way they unfolded the events in the last two episode. The Twitter Russian network shutdown was dumb, and going to Russia to extract Simone is even dumber. Not to mention, the way Keane acts, I am almost rooting for the Russian at this point. A president that stupid and paranoid deserves to be sidelined.

*tries..hard...not...to..say the...obvious...reference*

There is a reason for her paranoia thought. I mean she was the target of an assassination attempt last season by her own countrymen and has been the target of the Russian disinformation campaign. She didn't turn out this way on her own. I'm somewhat hoping Beau Bridges' character tells that useful idiot/traitor senator to go eff himself and notifies the authorities of his actions.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad