Home Jersey, Whites or Dark?

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Call me a traditionalist. I know it has been years but the blue jerseys at home still seem weird to me. I like the whites at home, but anything is better than the black thirds..

Last edited:

michaelrc51

Jul 6, 2011
How about Stadium Series?

I am liking it more and more......
If not I go with the traditional, dark.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
I know whites are traditional, but there are a lot of teams that have great colors. Why should only the away fans get to see the colorful ones? I was happy when the league changed to dark homes in 03-04

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Always loved the blue jersey. Once again exposing my old age before 1970 everyone wore the dark at home and whites on the road. So in 2003-04 they reverted to pre 1970.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I usually like seeing the other teams colors instead of every team we play against wearing white...

But I'm torn because I LOVE our Royal blues

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
I like colors at home instead of white. But I do think each team should have 4-5 games a year where they wear their white jerseys. And our current 3rds are AWFUL. I don't think I've ever liked any of our thirds before. Although I actually liked the outdoor blue ones.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
I like colors at home instead of white. But I do think each team should have 4-5 games a year where they wear their white jerseys. And our current 3rds are AWFUL. I don't think I've ever liked any of our thirds before. Although I actually liked the outdoor blue ones.

Aren't the stadium series jerseys now the 3rd jerseys as of this season?

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
I know whites are traditional, but there are a lot of teams that have great colors. Why should only the away fans get to see the colorful ones? I was happy when the league changed to dark homes in 03-04

You can make that same arguement for the home fans. As long as the Islanders wear their blue jerseys for home games, home fans will only get to see the opposing team's white jerseys. The best chance to see all of the colorful jerseys from around the league, is if the away teams wear the dark jerseys.

I'm old school, go back to the home whites!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad