Speculation: Home/Home vs. Flyers

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Well, two biggest games of the season thanks to our putrid start.

2/4 points - make up 0 ground, but still move forward on the train.
3/4 points - make up 2 points on the Flyers and move forward on the train.
4/4 points - make up 4 points on the Flyers and make up serious ground on 2 of 3 teams in front of us.

So what is it, folks? Do we have what it takes to sweep the Orange and Black? Can we make this an unbelievable weekend? Do you BeLIeve?

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
For a team that can beat the Hawks, Bruins, Penguins and Sharks but lose to Panthers, Hurricanes, Jackets and Sabres, every team is beatable and unbeatable. Depends on whether Dr Jekyll shows up or Mr. Hyde. I think we need at least 3 out of 4 to really start making up ground. One game at a time!!

LGI !!

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Let's all get on board with the good vibes for this weekend. If you're an Isles fan, stop in here and wish the team well. Maybe this is the start of our cinderella run.

<3

Poulin and CDH need to continue leading us to glory. I know they can do it!

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
If we can take 4 points off of Philly, eyes will be opened around the Eastern Conference. The boys will get it done in dramatic fashion. I just wish they could blow them out both games so I can watch the games without much stress.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
It's going to be hard with our D in such bad shape. The Hamonic injury really has me down.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Philly is Tough. Lot of sandpaper. I would kill for Simmonds. Imagine a Martin cizikas Simmonds line.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
It's going to be hard with our D in such bad shape. The Hamonic injury really has me down.

It's Ok, CDH and Donovan are stepping up, don't forget we have Martinek! :sarcasm:

LGI! Let's blow them out both games this weekend. I'll be at the home game monday :yo:

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
If we can take 4 points off of Philly, eyes will be opened around the Eastern Conference. The boys will get it done in dramatic fashion. I just wish they could blow them out both games so I can watch the games without much stress.

By not much stress, you mean your ablutions will come out easily????

Isn't it time you stopped at Chipolte with a Dortito Taco desert at Taco Bell?????

:sarcasm::naughty:

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
im on the posivibes train, but just to clarify, if we get 3 points versus philly these next 2 games, we only make up 1 point on them...not 2...we really gotta sweep this

Last edited:

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
im on the posivibes train, but just to clarify, if we get 3 points versus philly these next 2 games, we only make up 1 point on them...not 2

Win game 1. 2 points closer to the flyers.
Split game 2. 1 point closer to the Flyers.

Subtract 1 point because Flyers get 2 - and that's 2 points closer to the Flyers.

Now of course that's in REGULATION in game 1. One game has be to won in regulation by the Isles.

I'll take a split in whichever other game.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Win game 1. 2 points closer to the flyers.
Split game 2. 1 point closer to the Flyers.

Subtract 1 point because Flyers get 2 - and that's 2 points closer to the Flyers.

Now of course that's in REGULATION in game 1. One game has be to won in regulation by the Isles.

I'll take a split in whichever other game.

nope....

if we get 3 points....they get 2 points, because that means they win a game (in SO or OT)

3-2=1 ;)

but lets hope its a moot point and we win both in regulation!!

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
we'll win tomorrow and have our classic meltdown holiday afternoon game on monday.
Last time they played the Flyers in the afternoon at home they lost 7-1, let's hope it's different this time.

After the 2 with the Flyers they have the other NY team to play. These games are huge too because the 3 after are Pens, Blues, Bruins.

mitchy22

Aug 19, 2002
Visit site
We don't match up well against teams that have larger lineups. Our first line will need a big game. Our 4th line will need a big game. Our middle lines will need to play their ***** off to not be a negative. Our defense will have to play above its head. Poulin will need to be very good. Every other faceoff is a potential mismatch for us as far as I'm concerned.

Team is gonna have to really want this more than the Flyers. While I'd love to win both, I'd consider a split a victory considering our current lineup.

Here's what I'm hoping to happen by March 1st:
Split the series against the Flyers (1-1-0)
Sweep the three games from the Rags in regulation (3-0-0)
Win one other game in January (1-2-0)
Win the four games in February (4-0-0)

9-3-0 run. Team picks up 6 points in the standings on the Rags at worst. Keeps a strong pace against all teams through a tough stretch in the schedule.

Come on boys, do the improbable!!!

:),
Mitch

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
I am hoping we get at least one point. The Monday, home, afternoon game, in the black death jerseys looks like an impossible game to win :laugh:

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
we'll win tomorrow and have our classic meltdown holiday afternoon game on monday.

I hope not, it'll be the first game I've gone to since the game Vis got the concussion (vs canes in oct)

winning both in REGULATION would be ginormous.
6 games inter-division remaining this month....it's pretty much sink or swim in the next 2 weeks

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
First game: Capuano dresses Carkner and Boulton. Carkner is on the ice for 3 GA, and the Isles lose.

Capuano is reminded that always happens and sits Carkner the next game. Isles win. 2 out of 4 points.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
For a team that can beat the Hawks, Bruins, Penguins and Sharks but lose to Panthers, Hurricanes, Jackets and Sabres, every team is beatable and unbeatable. Depends on whether Dr Jekyll shows up or Mr. Hyde. I think we need at least 3 out of 4 to really start making up ground. One game at a time!!

LGI !!

This post pretty much sums it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad