Home games for McDavid

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Why did Henry use K instead of SO?
That's what I'd like to know!

Because SO means ShootOut. No wait, it wasn't invented back then. Because he was lazy and wanted to code everything using one letter.

Did he run out of letters?

Why not Morse code?

We all wanna know. :nod:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Or taking special K...;)

not-bad-meme.jpg

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Because SO means ShootOut. No wait, it wasn't invented back then. Because he was lazy and wanted to code everything using one letter.

Did he run out of letters?

Why not Morse code?

We all wanna know. :nod:

I think I've got it
Chadwick decided to use "K", the last letter in "struck"
But he just took it from his last name "Chadwick". What a sneaky devil!

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Did they even have bars back then? Or were they saloons? ;)

It was prohibition. Only thing they could drink was moonshine or CC from north of the border.

To Chadwick Moonshine was e

CC was D because there's a D in Canadian and in the name "Chadwick"

Or it could be K on Wednesdays..n on Fridays.

Its all making sense now. :nod:

Last edited:

TheBusDriver

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Aug 25, 2009
Edmonton
I think itd be fun. Except leaving them up past the end of the game would be tough if not a bit tacky.

When Encarnacion had 3 homers in one game a couple weeks ago, some fans threw hats on the field as if it were a hat trick in hockey. Maybe we can borrow a tradition from them as they have from us.

Just doing it for any one player seems tacky too though.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I have a better way to do it, just hang these for every point:

mcd-clothing.png

Hey NHL season...you can start at like.....any ****ing time now please.

13jetoil39

Apr 14, 2015
But each home game we put up a letter "P" for every point McD has scored or assisted on that night.

We re start each home game. Each game is different. We don't continue from last home game, gosh we would run out of room :p

13jetoil39

Apr 14, 2015
I think itd be fun. Except leaving them up past the end of the game would be tough if not a bit tacky.

When Encarnacion had 3 homers in one game a couple weeks ago, some fans threw hats on the field as if it were a hat trick in hockey. Maybe we can borrow a tradition from them as they have from us.

Just doing it for any one player seems tacky too though.

You only do it for ur usual ACE of a pitcher in baseball. So we do it for our ACE of a player. I think it be pretty sweet.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I hate baseball more than most people on the planet yet I know what the "K" signs mean.
Yeah same. I never watch baseball, but I do (did) watch Sportscenter etc and those broadcasts frequently showed fans hanging up the Ks on the wall in any game where a high number of strikeouts had been recorded.

I'm not sold on the OP idea. The Ks in baseball are only pasted on the stadium wall for one game. There will be many games where McDavid gets zero or one point. Its not very exciting to see one P pasted on the wall of the rink.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Yeah same. I never watch baseball, but I do (did) watch Sportscenter etc and those broadcasts frequently showed fans hanging up the Ks on the wall in any game where a high number of strikeouts had been recorded.

I'm not sold on the OP idea. The Ks in baseball are only pasted on the stadium wall for one game. There will be many games where McDavid gets zero or one point. Its not very exciting to see one P pasted on the wall of the rink.

This explains a lot. I Rarely watch sportscenter. The Oilers would have to win the SC for me to watch a sports news broadcast. Just rarely if ever do. I absolutely never watch baseball hilites. TSN has always been nothing to me.

I only watch football, soccer, hockey games, occasionally tennis but never hilites, just the live events. Its live or recorded game or nothing for me. Hilites rarely do it for me.

Still wondering why you think someone that has never been to a baseball stadium in their life, never watches baseball of any kind, like never, would be aware of the K thing.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I hate baseball more than most people on the planet yet I know what the "K" signs mean.

I'm sure theres obscure golf things on a course that I know nothing about either because when I tune something out and have no interest in it the disinterest is fairly complete. Never been on a golf course in my life either. Will never set foot on one.

Knowledge of the K must involve some knowledge of baseball, being friends with baseball fans, seeing hilites or I guess being at stadiums.

I'll point as well that a western Canadian born and raised lad would have less exposure to baseball than say someone born in US or even Eastern Canada.

In my youth hardly anybody watched or played baseball ever. In a 3 channel TV universe we didn't even watch that crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad