Home games for McDavid

13jetoil39

Apr 14, 2015
You know how in baseball they have those "K" signs for every time their home pitcher strikes a player out...? Well it be pretty funny if someone who sits front row either Glass or Upper Deck or to a wall have a "P" sign for every point McD gets at home. I think that be pretty funny and catchy.

Lets have some fun and atmosphere back at REXALL PLACE again. Last year, I wish I was making one last trip to Edmonton to see rexall...but Ill be there next year for the new beauty arena!!!!!

LETS GO OILERS!

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I wish I understood what k and p mean....

Key-Peele-350x256.jpg

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
You know how in baseball they have those "K" signs for every time their home pitcher strikes a player out...? Well it be pretty funny if someone who sits front row either Glass or Upper Deck or to a wall have a "P" sign for every point McD gets at home. I think that be pretty funny and catchy.

Lets have some fun and atmosphere back at REXALL PLACE again. Last year, I wish I was making one last trip to Edmonton to see rexall...but Ill be there next year for the new beauty arena!!!!!

LETS GO OILERS!

Or.....they could just read the stats line on their computer when the get home from the game.:shakehead

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
How do people not understand what is being said. In baseball when a pitcher strikes someone out, somewhere in the stands people will hang a "K" over the side of a balcony and will keep adding one for each additional strike-out.

OP wants oiler fans to do this but use a "P" for whenever mcdavid gets a point at home, but wants them kept hanging for the entire season. OP is likely expecting mcdavid to put up a ton of points and would like to see a ton of "P's" surrounding the rexall balconies.

Weird suggestion but not at all difficult to understand what is being proposed.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
How do people not understand what is being said. In baseball when a pitcher strikes someone out, somewhere in the stands people will hang a "K" over the side of a balcony and will keep adding one for each additional strike-out.

OP wants oiler fans to do this but use a "P" for whenever mcdavid gets a point at home, but wants them kept hanging for the entire season. OP is likely expecting mcdavid to put up a ton of points and would like to see a ton of "P's" surrounding the rexall balconies.

Weird suggestion but not at all difficult to understand what is being proposed.

Um, maybe because not all of us on a hockeyboard are baseball fans and never watch baseball.

I even tried googling "K and P" with no pertinent results. If something is not at all common nomenclature why use it on a hockey board?

it was impossible to figure out what the OP was talking about without being a baseball fan.

I'm still sitting here wondering what a K has to do with a strikeout. "K" Theres nothing intuitive about that, in fact now that you've mentioned it and I googled it again the number 1 question people have regarding baseball is why K signifies a strikeout. A lot of baseball fans don't even know apparently.

This thread is a strike out. It is impossible to say what you mean in an OP?

Last edited:

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Um, maybe because not all of us on a hockeyboard are baseball fans and never watch baseball.

I even tried googling "K and P" with no pertinent results. If something is not at all common nomenclature why use it on a hockey board?

it was impossible to figure out what the OP was talking about without being a baseball fan.

I'm still sitting here wondering what a K has to do with a strikeout. "K"

The traditional abbreviation for a strikeout. A backwards K is often used to denote a called strikeout. Invented by Henry Chadwick by taking the "most prominent" letter of "struck" and reinforced by inference of "knockout" or "K.O." That connotation still exists, when the announcer says the pitcher "punched out" the batter, a play on words that also refers to "punching" a time clock and the punching motion that the home plate umpire usually makes on a called third strike.

I'm still sitting here wondering how there could be people who don't know what "K" means. Couldn't be less of a baseball fan and even I have seen it hundreds of times in stadiums. Its iconic.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
The traditional abbreviation for a strikeout. A backwards K is often used to denote a called strikeout. Invented by Henry Chadwick by taking the "most prominent" letter of "struck" and reinforced by inference of "knockout" or "K.O." That connotation still exists, when the announcer says the pitcher "punched out" the batter, a play on words that also refers to "punching" a time clock and the punching motion that the home plate umpire usually makes on a called third strike.

I'm still sitting here wondering how there could be people who don't know what "K" means. Couldn't be less of a baseball fan and even I have seen it hundreds of times in stadiums. Its iconic.
Never seen it in my life. Never watch baseball, never go to a baseball stadium, have never been at a baseball stadium, refuse to watch even baseball hilites and I rarely if ever go to continental USA.

Again how would I know. Just googled it. get easily 100hits with people asking why K means a strikeout in baseball. One of the strangest things I've seen. The definition I got says that the K comes from the last letter of strike although why someone would invent something so obtuse I don't know. Its anything but intuitive. Usually abbreviations have something to do with the first letter of a word. Not the last, lol.

Never heard of "Punched out a batter" either. Baseball sucks, jmo.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
So if K represents Strikeout then should I represent Point?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Offseason :shakehead

And Replacement, "hey have those "K" signs for every time their home pitcher strikes a player out" Right in the OP. Come on dude, all you had to do was read the whole sentence to figure out what K meant lol. Wouldn't have taken that much effort.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
So if K represents Strikeout then should I represent Point?

No, for some obscure reason that apparently only some baseball fans comprehend it should be the letter T. (backwards, lol) Or a picture of a frog, or rainbow, or John Lennon singing backwards. ;)

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Offseason :shakehead

And Replacement, "hey have those "K" signs for every time their home pitcher strikes a player out" Right in the OP. Come on dude, all you had to do was read the whole sentence to figure out what K meant lol. Wouldn't have taken that much effort.

"you know how they have those K signs for anytime someone strikes a player out"

made no sense whatsoever to me due to, how do I say this, there being absolutely zero cognitive, or intuitive conection between the letter K and a strike out. Zero. That's the weirdest abbreviation I've heard about.

I still don't know why on Earth somebody would label a strike out with a K. Unless they had a secret decoder pen..

Must be baseball, lmfao.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
"you know how they have those K signs for anytime someone gets striked out"

made no sense whatsoever to me due to, how do I say this, there being absolutely zero intuitive conection between K and a strike out.

I still don't know why on Earth somebody would label a strike out with a K.

Must be baseball, lmfao.

You honestly don't know what "strike out" means? You're not doing that contrarian thing right now just to drum up conversation, are you?

Even if you're not a baseball fan, I would think it's almost impossible to not know what strike out means. It's used in common language, not just in baseball terms. You've lived a lot of years on this earth, I figured that you would have stumbled upon the phrase at some point. ;)

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
You honestly don't know what "strike out" means? You're not doing that contrarian thing right now just to drum up conversation, are you?

Even if you're not a baseball fan, I would think it's almost impossible to not know what strike out means. It's used in common language, not just in baseball terms. You've lived a lot of years on this earth, I figured that you would have stumbled upon the phrase at some point. ;)

Read it again. I know what a strike out means. I don't know how it is defined, or described, or abbreviated into a K, or a backwards K.

Not once in my life have I ever seen a strike out described by a K. How is what I am stating not clear?

Got it?

This **** is weirder than Aleister Crowley.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Read it again. I know what a strike out means. I don't know how it is defined, or described, or abbreviated into a K, or a backwards K.

Not once in my life have I ever seen a strike out described by a K. How is what I am stating not clear?

Got it?

This **** is weirder than Aleister Crowley.

Ah ok, I misread.

I honestly didn't know the meaning behind the abbreviation either and I've been an avid baseball fan for most of my life so searched it and here it is.

"The use of "K" for a strikeout was invented by Henry Chadwick, a newspaper journalist who is widely credited as the originator of the box score and the baseball scorecard. As is true in much of baseball, both the box score and scorecard remain largely unchanged to this day. Chadwick decided to use "K", the last letter in "struck", since the letter "S" was used for "sacrifice."

Mystery solved. Now we can all sleep easy. ;)

Now lets talk about more important things like Hall's bad boy persona. :D

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
No, for some obscure reason that apparently only some baseball fans comprehend it should be the letter T. (backwards, lol) Or a picture of a frog, or rainbow, or John Lennon singing backwards. ;)

Those baseball folks are just a whole new level of crazy. Why not SO instead of K? Too easy to understand?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Ah ok, I misread.

I honestly didn't know the meaning behind the abbreviation either and I've been an avid baseball fan for most of my life so searched it and here it is.

"The use of "K" for a strikeout was invented by Henry Chadwick, a newspaper journalist who is widely credited as the originator of the box score and the baseball scorecard. As is true in much of baseball, both the box score and scorecard remain largely unchanged to this day. Chadwick decided to use "K", the last letter in "struck", since the letter "S" was used for "sacrifice."

Now lets talk about more important things like Hall's bad boy persona. :D

Why did Henry use K instead of SO?
That's what I'd like to know!

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Ah ok, I misread.

Thanks. More reason for me to find baseball completely incomprehensible.

Almost sorry I asked. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad